Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: day's of gas dropping done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyoka View Post
I think that water or hydrogen cars would be the best bet for the future...
we still have to make the batteries lst longer, be stronger and smaller, and not ruin the earth. But other than that, that is a very viable option.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #22
Solid State Member

Over in New Zealand, Gas prices never ever went up. They've been around the same for 10 year (Extremely cheap).

http://striethscorner.bravehost.com/

Strieth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #23
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
we still have to make the batteries lst longer, be stronger and smaller, and not ruin the earth. But other than that, that is a very viable option.
Oh no doubt, really every alternative fuel solution out there has to improve vastly before it'll be practical on a large scale. I just hope we start moving in a forward direction with at least one of them
Ahyoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #24
Daemon Poster

I still think electricity is the best idea. Think about it, Use electricity. It works the same as today's hybrid. As the tires turn, that produces energy, which in turn, charges the battery.
Toshiba A135 -Vista Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz. 1.5gb ram
www.localtechnet.net - Support me, click the ads!!
Austinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #25
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
I still think electricity is the best idea. Think about it, Use electricity. It works the same as today's hybrid. As the tires turn, that produces energy, which in turn, charges the battery.
I think that's a good idea as well. My top two choices are electricity and hydrogen fuel cells. My bottom line is I'll support any proposal out there if it reduces our dependence on foreign oil. I don't think just one idea is the solution. I think we need electricity, hydrogen fuel cells, hybrids, and anything else we can use because in all likelihood there could be more than one solution to our energy problems.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:33 PM   #26
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
But if its powered by electricity then you can't do that. It needs to be running off the charge, unless you are like coasting down a hill.

And batteries can only be cycled so many times. Can't charge them 100000000 times and expect them to work well.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahyoka View Post

As to the coal thing, you have remember that if when people say we have 'x years of coal left' thats based on how much we use now for electricity, etc, and if you throw in powering 100s of Millions of cars then your coal supply won't last nigh long enough to be an efficient solution.
No it won't. And neither will water. When you live in a dry country like Australia the last thing you want to be doing is using precious water to run cars.

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #28
Daemon Poster

Yes, But wouldn't buying a a battery once a year be a lot cheaper than buying gas every week? And, it would be more environment friendly. And more efficient. Hybrid cars are a lot closer than you think. As the wheels turn, it recharges the battery. While stop lights, it uses gas. So if they could get it to run off battery while at stop lights, then there will be no need for gas. I don't know about you, But Id rather replace a battery 2 times a year, than pay $50 a week for gas ( Which is how much i actaully do spend) That would be, $2400 a year for gas, As to $150 a year for battiers.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #29
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
No it won't. And neither will water. When you live in a dry country like Australia the last thing you want to be doing is using precious water to run cars.
The amount of water on this earth hasn't changed. Not sure what could be said about coal.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #30
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
Water is the most unintelligent thing. We are having global warming, Which means all the ice is melting. If we start using water, What happens when that is all gone if 200 years? That will kill all marine life, which means no food for us. And we are out of water, then we die.