The day is almost upon us!

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Behold, the asteroid 2007 TU24. It is supposed to be close enough to us on the 29th, specifically at 0833 UT, that you can probably see it with a cheapo telescope. You can possibly see it now if you are away from the city lights. Just look for a "slightly-brighter-than-a-star" glow moving ever so eloquently in the sky.

Source: http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news157.html

Ok, I know theres a lot of people probably thinking, what if this hits us? Well, the chances of that are extremely low and we would have probably known by now if it was going to. This hasn't really been in the US news because of the damn presidential primaries going on. This should be pretty interesting to see, its supposed to be the closest near-earth experience we are supposed to get until 2027.

The one in 2027 actually has me a little worried....

i think i heard about the one in 2027 on tv. they were talking about how it is suppose to be the closet asteroid on record. as it looks now we are perfectly fine from danger but they are now saying that because its so far away still there is a chance that it can change course by running through something. i forgot what they called it but if it runs through this course changer we will be the main target and pretty much we're fucked lol

i think i heard about the one in 2027 on tv. they were talking about how it is suppose to be the closet asteroid on record. as it looks now we are perfectly fine from danger but they are now saying that because its so far away still there is a chance that it can change course by running through something. i forgot what they called it but if it runs through this course changer we will be the main target and pretty much we're fucked lol

Well that sux.

Isn't the world supposed to end in 2012 anyway? :p

Don't worry about asteroids. NASA is working on a program where they track asteroids 100,000's of miles out to see if they pose a threat. And if they are on a collision course for earth; their plan is to launch a satellite at it and have it hover near its surface, using small rocket bursts to keep it stabilized. The force of gravity exerted by the satellite on the asteroid over a period of time is actually enough to change the course a fraction of a degree. And over 100,000's of miles thats more than enough to keep the asteroid from hitting us. Pretty cool huh?

Mayan doomsday though, that stuffs real. I'm working on my bunker for when the world ends right now. I've got enough hot-pockets for years stockpiled up.

Don't worry about asteroids. NASA is working on a program where they track asteroids 100,000's of miles out to see if they pose a threat. And if they are on a collision course for earth; their plan is to launch a satellite at it and have it hover near its surface, using small rocket bursts to keep it stabilized. The force of gravity exerted by the satellite on the asteroid over a period of time is actually enough to change the course a fraction of a degree. And over 100,000's of miles thats more than enough to keep the asteroid from hitting us.
The problem with that plan is that the little pieces of the asteroids that can be caused to break off are a potential missile heading in the direction of earth. I read somewhere that an asteroid just the size of a tennis ball is big enough to cause a tsunami if it crashes into the ocean because of the huge speed it is travelling.

its a load of ****. I dont know how many time people have said this earth is going to come to and end. It wont unless us humas destroy it.

Back
Top Bottom