To David Lindon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be breaking the rules, but at least he's honest about it. I mean he could have come back with a new account and just posted.

It's a weird situation, pb's are pb's, I know he shouldn't be allowed back. But I'd welcome him back.

A long time has passed since he was banned. And I think it's possibly time to just call it water under the bridge by now.

Agreed. I've had my share of immaturity, moments of anger and outbursts and me probably being in a similar situation to Ant can relate. What happened a good couple of years ago should be put in the past. As root has covered, yes he has broken a good couple of rules but he's not hiding he's being open and saying look guys this is me, i'm braking rules to do this as David's PM box is full.

Obviously the unbanning decision is far beyond me, but i was around when Ant was and i do rememeber alot of good positive posts and a very helpful guy.

The decision lays with the powers above me, but i say this was a very mature post and in my opinion it does not mean everyone that comes crawling back with a nice post like this deserves to be given a second chance i think were talking about a unique case here.

I don't really think that PB's are necessary (unless it's an automated spammer or something) - A year-long ban would probably filter those that want to be members from those that dont want to be members. If people still think to come back after a year, then they should probably be given another chance...(?).

So yeah - I Reccon you should be given another go.

One forum I browse PBs people that rick roll. A member with over 10,000 posts had a a really good rick roll. He hasn't been back in 2 years, ha.

I'm in the same mind. I can't even remember what happened, and would welcome him back

I got banned by mistake and had to use his methods of getting back on here, so in some circumstances the rules sometimes need to be twisted.

I dont know what he said, but i do think (not just this forum) forums in general have a habit of labelling a guy an idiot or outlaw just because they raise someone's back up. And that the etiquette on many forums is that anything slightly controversial said results in a ban.

Also (this will probably result in be being banned :p) from personal experiences it seems if a moderator disagrees with what your saying there allowed to be somewhat obnoxious and while there is no need in reality for retaliation (simply possible to ignore them in the cyber world) any form of retaliation results in a ban for the lower user or bad rep. Just saying some people think that they can be awfully rude simply because they use a forum more than others.

Just occasionally there appears to be a hierarchical upper echelon dominance which quite frankly ruins it for all. What would a forum be without 1000's of members at the end of the day? Seems that just because certain people sitting behind there computer possibly thousands miles away, they can treat and do to others what they wish, resulting in a a bad community ethos and repeated confrontation.

LET HIM BACK I say. We have a dwindling member base, so if he can bring more posts to the forum, then he should come back. If he gets out of hand, I'll get to try my banhammer.

I don't know AntDemo but it's just a forum, lol. There are plenty of sites to go to. As far as I know, CF has been on the decline in posters.

Roooooooot boy i remember you.. never ever get in any debate with root haha, he is my man for figure of speech.. anyway

Thank you so much everyone with your input.. it means alot, I read every post and can't describe how cool most people are around this forums, best i've ever used is this forums, I know many people and get on with many people.

I'm always their to help people in anything I can... So I am going to enjoy my time here and do what I can do help others in problems.. and socially chat with good old friends.

Thanks alot for unbanning me :) altho my account antdemo isn't unbanned it's ok, I will just stick with this.. it doesn't bother me

Thanks again and cool talking

I don't know AntDemo but it's just a forum, lol. There are plenty of sites to go to. As far as I know, CF has been on the decline in posters.

Xx Cobra xX was my previous name.. XX was a little ghey and people told me about it so had to change it to my real name and somewhat another word at the end... I ended up with demo.. i don't know how.. this forums is not only a forums for people like me, I use to call this place home, I can now become part of that home again..

it's not the forums lego, it's the people around you, and I always remember CF has the best people to be around.

No disrespect towards you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom