Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Darn truck...

we paid $400. Kinda split on the truck, lol. for safety it needs both doors replaced (there rotted out at the bottom, dont open from the inside, the drivers door wont unlock with the key), needs a steering column which we are swapping out tomorrow, a little bodywork on the cab but not much, and 4 new tires which I have in the shed. It needed a battery witch we put in today. Also the hinge pin on the drivers door is missing. Other than all that it's looking pretty solid.

The reason we are replacing the steering column is because the gearshift doesnt work. The only way right now to change gears is to have someone push the brake so the truck doesnt roll ahead, climb underneath and put it into gear with a pair or vice grips on the tranny lol.

EDIT: to be more specific with the lighs, its just the headlights (lower set) and tail lights.

winslow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow33 View Post
we paid $400. Kinda split on the truck, lol. for safety it needs both doors replaced (there rotted out at the bottom, dont open from the inside, the drivers door wont unlock with the key), needs a steering column which we are swapping out tomorrow, a little bodywork on the cab but not much, and 4 new tires which I have in the shed. It needed a battery witch we put in today. Also the hinge pin on the drivers door is missing. Other than all that it's looking pretty solid.

The reason we are replacing the steering column is because the gearshift doesnt work. The only way right now to change gears is to have someone push the brake so the truck doesnt roll ahead, climb underneath and put it into gear with a pair or vice grips on the tranny lol.
Minor detail. Makes driving more exciting.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
Minor detail. Makes driving more exciting.
Yeah, I think the person ahead of me at the gas bar tonight was probably like "wtf!!??" when I jumped out of the cab, climbed underneath the truck for a minute , jumped into the truck, backed up a few feet, jumped out, climbed underneath again, got in and drove away

Could be worse, could be trying to drive a standard this way LOL
Old 12-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #14
In Runtime

400 bucks? Not bad considering the stuff youre gonna do with it

I have a 99 Camry Toyota but I rarely drive that thing.

Bike, Train and walking For the Win
Trueyears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

The truck idles very rough though. At a light the entire vehicle shakes a bit. Its fine once it hits about 2000 RPM however. Normaly it idles at 1000. Im going to try changing the sparkplugs out and see if that helps. Its already idling fast enough, if you let off the brake it rolls quite fast even if the ground is perfectly level.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Might be worth a rebuild... If you have an engine lift, it's not hard or expensive. Except, no one rebuilds an engine completely stock, lol, that's where it gets espensive.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

Yeah, we are thinking in about 6 months down the road when we have a little more money to throw about we might pop in a new engine. 400k on the stock engine, wich is even a little 3.0L V6... Really good pickup though.