Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #101
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

Sorry to the people that are offended, and might be a little off topic...

__________________

__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #102
Fully Optimized
 
Computer Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,841
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

lmfao
__________________

__________________
A+, Network+
Official "Birthday Man" of CF.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 AM   #103
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

The only real mistake (A Big One At That) Bush made (Besides being stupid ) is invading Iraq under false pretenses and under estimating the fallout of it.

While I didn't vote for Obama, I'm going to give him a chance and see what he does...heck he's still not even the President (Bush is)....he's the President-Elect. President Obama is coming into a real mess and problems won't be solved over night and might not be solved during his first term, but if he doing his best and things are looking like they're improving then I'll give him the vote of confidence. If things are not going good, there's always the next election, but I think we all had enough of Politics for a while.
Strider64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #104
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider64 View Post
The only real mistake (A Big One At That) Bush made (Besides being stupid ) is invading Iraq under false pretenses and under estimating the fallout of it.
I'm sorry, who has approved this spending? Oh right congress. And democrats have ruled congress the last two years, so don't act like its all bush's fault.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:24 PM   #105
xxcobraxx
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England
Posts: 6,224
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

Bush did a few good things but the best is putting that cash in banks so banks can start loaning out again and people can buy more things and travel and it'll all go down the costs soon for things so it's all good.
__________________
Liveleaker
IAntDemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #106
Daemon Poster
 
CrackerJacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 987
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

Obama might take things slow that way he has a reason to be re-elected. (fuck) Thats like a presidents priority is to be re-elected. If he changes everything he can now and people don't like it... He might lose his chance.

No body has mentioned the civilian Army that just as well funded as the real army? Whats this all about?
__________________
USAF KC-135R Crew Chief
i7 2770 @ 3.4ghz, Geforce GTX 560 ti, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD 120gb, cup holder
I would imagine if you could understand Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy
CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #107
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antdemo View Post
Bush did a few good things but the best is putting that cash in banks so banks can start loaning out again and people can buy more things and travel and it'll all go down the costs soon for things so it's all good.
I think that was the worst thing he did.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #108
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antdemo View Post
Bush did a few good things but the best is putting that cash in banks so banks can start loaning out again and people can buy more things and travel and it'll all go down the costs soon for things so it's all good.
Yep, giving 700 billion dollars to companies that screw over consumers, and allowing those companies to give their jackass CEOs large compensations while firing innocent workers. Now the stupid American car companies want their share and are asking for 25-50 billion dollars so they can "retool" their factories after building crappy cars for several decades and continually screwing over the consumers. And just so you know, the banks aren't loaning out money as well as you think. Credit is getting tighter and it's harder for people to get loans to buy homes and cars. Yeah you're right, the bailout was brilliant
__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #109
muz
Golden Master
 
muz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 6,928
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

i think the bailout could have been better if certain criteria had been added the the bail out plan like over here the government over here decided that no banks where going to be getting any money unless they signed up to an FSA agreement to cut executive bonus's , i think more conditions should have been added such as none of the money will find its way to executives bank accounts at all and such forth , and i think banks should be forced to start lending again to consumers , im not saying they should lend to everyone but over here it is getting a problem that some banks that accepted government money arent lending to small businesses even though the bank accepted tax payers money

Basically what im saying is there should be more conditions and rules imposed on banks that accept taxy payers money because i think banks do need support as well but tax payers need to know their money isnt just going into executive bank accounts as it is now
__________________
Desktop-AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+-2GB Elixer DDR2 800 250gb+500gb+500gb+120gb
Laptop-Apple Macbook Pro 13" Intel core i5(2.3ghz) 4gb Ram 320gb hard drive
muz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #110
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: The dark days of Obama's rule begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
i think the bailout could have been better if certain criteria had been added the the bail out plan like over here the government over here decided that no banks where going to be getting any money unless they signed up to an FSA agreement to cut executive bonus's , i think more conditions should have been added such as none of the money will find its way to executives bank accounts at all and such forth , and i think banks should be forced to start lending again to consumers , im not saying they should lend to everyone but over here it is getting a problem that some banks that accepted government money arent lending to small businesses even though the bank accepted tax payers money

Basically what im saying is there should be more conditions and rules imposed on banks that accept taxy payers money because i think banks do need support as well but tax payers need to know their money isnt just going into executive bank accounts as it is now

I think it could have been better if it didn't happen. Its harsh, but not everyone is cut out to own a house or a car.
__________________

__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0