Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Damn Google And Gmail

This is probably a coincidence, but i switched all my emails and registered my Gmail account for NET passport for use with MSN Messenger, everything i do now depends solely on Gmail ...
And they could very well be finding out a way to support such as large system, there are programs such as the Gmail drive which enables you to use it as a virtual drive, no doubt that their storage capacity may decrease but maybe they are handling it, its just that they need to experiment and conclude which techniques will be more efficient and then they will be able to remove it from its BETA stages ...

dyserq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:53 PM   #12
Golden Master

Trust me, I'm not using Gmail on a regular basis. Since the first day I signed up, I only had ONE message in the Inbox from a friend. That's how uncomfortable I was with Gmail. So we're on the same page here. Until they can enhance or better their service, I will not rely on Gmail as a primary email account.

Yes, I have to agree with the very first post. I also rely heavily on my email to conduct business. If I can't access my account, I lose.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

lmao its starting to sound like google is becoming the antichrist, we once thought it was god, now everyone is turning on it saying its trying to take over the world XD sorry, I just think its funny

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:03 PM   #14
Golden Master

I still like using their search engine, just not their email service. I love the Google Earth program so I'm not a total hater of Google......yet, lol.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:16 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

I only just turned to Google ... basically because of its simplicity ... i used to use MSN search engine but now i find myself using Google all the time now lol Google Earth is also extremely good
dyserq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:17 PM   #16
Baseband Member

haha agreed. google search engine is still my favorite. if you've noticed. i advocated for not using gmail. though i mentioned google...... i was too irrational then. anyway, thanks for the support trdcorolla! i feel much better now. well... wish me luck on evacuating the google office. lol :-D
kenhkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #17
Golden Master

If you select 3d buildings or something like that, you can actually follow the streets like you were driving. The buildings are 3d rendered giving you height perspective so that's pretty neat.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:16 AM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

sorry if someone has already said this. but its really stable tho its still only beta.
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 04:36 AM   #19
Baseband Member

Quote:
sorry if someone has already said this. but its really stable tho its still only beta.
This is exactly why I'm posting this. I used to think this way, until something happened to me. In the story, I mentioned that I had had total faith in Gmail, which eventually turned me down. Again, life is funny when it's not happening to you. What looks fine on the outside does not mean it is what you think it is on the inside.
kenhkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #20
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Its only still a Beta because they cannot afford to release it. While they can get the advertising information they need from Beta users, they don't need to release it for hundreds of millions of people who they couldn't support even on bandwidth, let alone usage.

In the end, you get Google. And Google is all about advertising. You as a customer are nothing more than a way to get more customers.