Damn Google And Gmail

kenhkan

Baseband Member
Sorry if this is not a place to complain about GOOGLE! But I need to warn EVERYONE who is using Gmail right now. This is my story:

I used to love Gmail and Google. Their ideas are innovative; they pass the cost to the advertisers; they support the Open-Source movement. I often visit the sponsor links just to help them raise a bit more revenue. Even my friends declared that I was the biggest Google fan there was. I use Gmail for everything, even as my notebook when I attend Computer classes. Anyway, everything changes on October 6, 2005. When I got home and opened my Gmail as usual. The Gmail told me that I had a wrong password. Therefore, I turned to the "Forget your password" function. The error message was: "there was no such account..." I was seriously shocked by this. So I quickly checked the so-called "support system", from which I found nothing useful. Then I turned to gmail-support@google.com; I've sent five emails; what is the returning response? Either a computer-generated response saying "you should check the support section", "we are unable to help you at this moment", etc, or there is ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE at all. My love for Google wasn't over yet. I still had faith in it, at least for the first two days. Today, I sent another email asking for help: no reply yet. Then I've realized that Google isn't that ideal. Google is simply another Microsoft trying to monopolize the computer market and make a profit, which I understand. Where are Larry Page and Sergey Brin? Where is Google?

I've also heard this unstability of Gmail from others. But acting very naive, I didn't believe, until Gmail turned its back on me. I use Gmail as my primary email address and I am now losing dollars every single day. I regret but I deserve it since I didn't listen. Please do not depend on Google, at least Gmail, too much. Like Microsoft's Internet Explorer, it is designed for functionality but not security. Using it as your primary email address will only bring you despair eventually. That's all I have to say. Good luck with your normal Google life.

I have no problems with any of my Gmail accounts (6) and never ever had this happen. I forgot one password and it was sent to me within 30 seconds. You must not have entered your details correctly...

Yep, me too, i've never had any problems with Gmail, i don't find anything wrong with it actually, i haven't had any problems ...
And yes you probably did enter something wrong ...

Yes, but it's not like Microsoft, they actually support the Open Source Movement ... which in effect will mean that any bugs will be fixed almost within the day and at the maximum, in a week ... i've turned to Linux recently and i have found out the wonders behind Open Source :)
Anyways, good luck to Google lol

:) I'm glad that everyone is having no problems with Google yet. I missed the life when Google is all nice and good. Well, I'm just telling my experience. Life is funny when it's not happening to you.

I agree with dyserq's statement about Google being supportive in the Open Source movement, but bear in mind that Google itself is not Open Source. Their intention is just like Microsoft's. Look back in the 70/80's. You'll see Microsoft giving out their operating system known as Windows today free-of-charge to schools and education institutes, "promoting a new approach to education through computing". Their primary purpose - to become a computer giant by educating the youngers to use Windows. Google today is similar to Microsoft in the age of personal computers. Except this time is the internet, trying to side with the programmers. The comparison is clear.

Know what made me hate google?

You know how you had to sign up to google by being invited? and it was never advertised or anything? Well the administration at school never knew to block it, first day they advertise it on google.com and it gets blocked "ooh dont need students getting any ideas" I heard them say when I see the librarian blocking it in her office.

CURSE YOU GOOGLE! YOU THINK YOUR SERVICES ARE ALL THAT! BUT THEYRE NOT! ... well yeah they are but thats not the point-CURSE YOU GOOGLE!

Btw, We have kids running around reading stuff with parents watching them like a hawk getting mad if they see glimpses of cuss words, If you must cuss dont do it in the title, if you must type d*** or something, its best to not use it at all

Well ... that was interesting

You'll see Microsoft giving out their operating system known as Windows today free-of-charge to schools and education institutes, "promoting a new approach to education through computing". Their primary purpose - to become a computer giant by educating the youngers to use Windows. Google today is similar to Microsoft in the age of personal computers.

I must say that that was a very influencing sentence, now that i really think of it, it really is true, Microsoft to be honest never gives anything for free, there would always be some sort of gain for themselves as a company, no it may not be money or profits, but it may earn them some reputation which i believe is destroying other companies out there, those which may be better, but smaller, unable to compete with Microsoft
But i still believe that Google is indeed good, at the very least, it is a change, from search engines which generate popups and unwanted banners every time you visit to a search engine with simplicity in mind ... from emails which bombard you with unwanted notices about sales to one which is clean and adaptable ...

Yea, I do believe that Google is good-intended. I am just really frustrated because the Gmail team didn't take my case seriously. In my opinion, though, Google and Microsoft are essentially identical in form - a significant figure in the revolution of technology.

Now, I'm thinking...... how exactly can Google sustains its mailing system? We all know that Google makes billions and billions each year. Afterall, a company cannot support a service/product (Gmail, in this case, due to ad blindliness) that adds a huge burden to the company. Notice how Gmail is still in the Beta stage (over several years now). I believe that Google is still trying to find a way how to support such a large system. It's interesting to see how things will turn out. Not to be redundant: please do NOT use Gmail for your daily purpose. It is definitely not a good choice as of now, for it is still under serious development. I speak from experience.

Back
Top Bottom