Cringe situations.

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
what are some of the worst/most awkward etc. cringe situations you've come across?

i cringe (quite loudly i might add) whenever i go into PC World or Curry's and overhear someone who has the job i want (building the custom PCs) lying to a customer's face about what is best/good/not good just to ramp up the price.

also, when someone who knows nothing about technology is failing to explain what something is or does.

i saw this on TV a minute ago when the guy from the teleshopping thing was explaining that LCD is rubbish and LED is ftw. Eventhough it's still LCD, just LED backlit. lol

i cringe (quite loudly i might add) whenever i go into PC World or Curry's and overhear someone who has the job i want (building the custom PCs) lying to a customer's face about what is best/good/not good just to ramp up the price.
I cringe whenever I go into PC World and hear someone giving pretty much any advice anywhere! They were the ones that started the whole "you can do two things at once with a multi-core processor and not without" misconception... at least that's where I first heard it en masse. And I really get quite annoyed at the huge "we aren't paid commission" posters everywhere when they clearly have targets to reach on selling their stupid insurance (my girlfriend was bombarded with "what happens if you break it", "can you really afford to buy another one", "what about if you lose your data", etc. etc. for longer than I was happy with!)

Apart from that? Badly written code.

When people on the roads do less than the posted speed limit and do everything they can to make you do the same as well.

Happens a lot around here, the speed limit on the interstate is 70, and there's someone doing 55, and attempting to take up both lanes of traffic. It's even worse when people think the roads are bad.

There could be no snow in sight, but if the weather report says that it's probably going to snow, then all of a sudden people go as slow as legally possible (45) on our interstates. Again, this is with a speculated REPORT of snow only, with no actual snow in sight.

also, when someone who knows nothing about technology is failing to explain what something is or does.

I bought an android phone recently, I asked the guy who sold it to me "Are the android apps any good" he replied "There ok, They are all the same really"

Well the android apps are def not all the same !!

i just thought of another one,

at Curry's a while ago, when i went to get my WD HDDs, i was discussing GPUs with my old man (who is also a qualified support tech) and as we approached the counter, the woman standing there (who is supposed to be one of the 'experts', wearing a 'TechGuys' tee-shirt asked, 'whats a graphics card then?'

i resisted the urge to facepalm.

I cringe when people talk about things that they have no idea about it. This could be anything from computers, cars, ect. I just prefer people to admit if they don't know something, rather than try to be an expert of everything.

And as previously stated, poor code is another thing that really gets under my skin.

I don't like it when people say things that are so ridiculously far fetched that everyone in the room knows that what the person has said is a lie... it just makes things awkward.

Back
Top Bottom