Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #11
Site Team

Default Re: Credit card bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
I don't even know why people use credit cards? All you need is a debit card really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NeonFire~ View Post
Nothing wrong with credit cards if you're responsible enough to not spend more than you have.
Yes. An credit cards have much more protection under the credit act.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
I don't even know why people use credit cards? All you need is a debit card really...
When you start paying your own bills you will definitely see the point of having a credit card... Lets say that after all your bills are paid for the month you are left with no cash in your account till the next paycheck, you then open your refrigerator and see no food...Do you think you are really gonna go till payday without eating? Also when you go to finance a car and they tell you that you have to get a cosigner because you have no credit built up...I got my first credit card at 18 and used it for gas for my car and paid it off every month when the bill came in and when I went to finance my new car I had no problem getting a loan. As long as you don't get it in the mail activate it and go max it out immediately knowing you don't have a job or anyway to pay it off they are a very valuable asset...

Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

$358?

Correct me if I am wrong. Most credit cards charge 3% of the balance. So for every $500, thats 15 a month.

So your telling me you are going to save $15 a month? I can't wait till mine are paid off, I owe like $700. Tax refund is paying that off.

I have 2 cars, a student loan, 2 credits cards. Never once over drafted. Never once been late on a bill. I work full time(though, I have had atleast 55 hours a week for 3 months ), and I go to school full time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
When you start paying your own bills you will definitely see the point of having a credit card... Lets say that after all your bills are paid for the month you are left with no cash in your account till the next paycheck, you then open your refrigerator and see no food...Do you think you are really gonna go till payday without eating? Also when you go to finance a car and they tell you that you have to get a cosigner because you have no credit built up...I got my first credit card at 18 and used it for gas for my car and paid it off every month when the bill came in and when I went to finance my new car I had no problem getting a loan. As long as you don't get it in the mail activate it and go max it out immediately knowing you don't have a job or anyway to pay it off they are a very valuable asset...
Thats how i got my truck.
But I dont live paycheck to paycheck. I have enough left after bills f0r things.
Toshiba A135 -Vista Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz. 1.5gb ram
www.localtechnet.net - Support me, click the ads!!
Austinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to netBooger Send a message via MSN to netBooger

I use my credit card for the benefits. I make just about all purchases with my credit card, pay it in full shortly after I use it, and collect the rewards points that go towards things like electronics and plane tickets.
|| Cosmos 1000 || Asus Maximus Formula SE || Q6850 3.00GHz || Zalman 9700NT || BFG 8800GTX OC || 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz || Enermax Galaxy 850W || Windows Vista Ultimate 64 || WD Raptor 150GB x2 + WD Caviar 350GB ||
netBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #15
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

I Have a Bank Card (Eftpos Card) but no job and no wheels yet
Old 01-28-2009, 12:38 AM   #16
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to myles363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
$358?

I work full time(though, I have had atleast 55 hours a week for 3 months ), and I go to school full time.
55 hours a week? full time and school full time?? what do you like have a school that has midnight classes or r u calling 2 classes full time.

just wondering cause i have 4 classes at city college and i can only work about 25-30 hours a week. doesnt seem pobbible to me thats all. but congrats if you can do that
Antec 300 Case | 650 Watt PS | MSI 750a SLI Platinum Mobo | Athlon 64x2 5400 Black Edition | Xigmatek HDT S1283 HS | 2x Bfg 9800gt OC+ Running SLI | 160 & 500 GB Hard Drives | Ocz Reaper 4GB | Asus CD/DVD Burner
myles363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #17
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles363 View Post
55 hours a week? full time and school full time?? what do you like have a school that has midnight classes or r u calling 2 classes full time.

just wondering cause i have 4 classes at city college and i can only work about 25-30 hours a week. doesnt seem pobbible to me thats all. but congrats if you can do that
Not possible? Thats just working 7 days a week.(Or a double shift on days I dont have class) I have night Classes. usualy from 7-10. Except mondays its 3-10. I am taking 4 courses, which is 13 credits. Thats full time here.
I work 6am - 2 pm. Then class at night. I maintain About a B average. And at the same time, I still have a social life.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles363 View Post

Work 8 hours a day plus school 7 hours some days is 15 hours, that leaves 9 hours a day to do whatever plus sleep. It's entirely possible. That's what some people have to do if they want to go to school to get an education. They have to work their way though school so that means they have to work at the same time as going to school. Toughens you up for later in life. If you can make it through school and work at the same time running yourself ragged and all that then anything else in life should be a cakewalk.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #19
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
Work 8 hours a day plus school 7 hours some days is 15 hours, that leaves 9 hours a day to do whatever plus sleep. It's entirely possible. That's what some people have to do if they want to go to school to get an education. They have to work their way though school so that means they have to work at the same time as going to school. Toughens you up for later in life. If you can make it through school and work at the same time running yourself ragged and all that then anything else in life should be a cakewalk.
Well said man. I dont have to work. My grant paid for tuition only thing I pay for is books. I work becasue I like to own things (Car and truck for example). Plus, I hate sitting at home. And with my job. Overtime is easy to get. If i really wanted too, i could work up to 112 hours a week. But with school thats not possible.

I believe in hard work now, play later. Except, I get to play now.