Credit and Bank Cards in China?

waldorfpc

In Runtime
My friend is going overseas to China for a serious opperation. He has a life threatening disease that is rare, and there is no treatment in the U.S. So, he is going to China to receive the treatment that works for the condition. This is the background on the situation but here is my question;

Can he use his credit card in china? He needs to know as he will be there awhile and does not want any worries in case he gets low on money. He is expected to be there for like six months.

I've done some research online, and i've found that it says that credit cards can be used: however, it is difficult. The information suggests that you used bank cards instead. If you all know something, please let me know. thanks.

My dad travels alot on business, and it's usually to china. He hasn't had an issue so I can't see your friend having any.

Best bet would be to call their credit card companies and see if they know of any difficulties or issues there. Be sure to give them a specific area of china (like the city it's in, not just "china") as not all areas are real technically advanced.

Thanks for helping me out. I'm on the phone with him right now. He made his flight for later today so he can take care of some last minute things. I told him your suggestions. Thanks for taking the time.

Back
Top Bottom