Court

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
I was talking to a person comparing American Courts to German Court and we came to this

America goes by the book far too much. In a german court if you would sue idk starbucks for making coffe without a warning that its hot and spiled it on yourself guess what the Judge will look at you and go, GET OUT, and if you agrue back he'll have you arrested. In america the judge will hear your stupidty out because hes required to by law.

If Honda were to be sued by a faimly because a member of that faimly died due to her not being able to undo her seatbelt well shes drowning because she was to drunk to keep her car on the road the Judge again would say. Thats her fault not hondas, get out!

I've told people that neve rbeen to the states about some lawsuits and stuff and they look at me like i'm crazy. They'll like WTF? Wait hang on, and they won? Then they say that'd never happen here, because the judge would never even hear it.

I think the American court system needs to use a system of thinking called logical and toss out crazy lawsuits at the start of the trail and ban that suit from being filed. Because in America, getting your case to court is easy, you don't need proof or anything. Even if you loose the winner still has to pay legal fees and everythign else which still hurts the winner and the looser has to do it as well, but the looser was PREPARED FOR IT. I think lawsuits that where the person injured or hurt or w/e due to his own stupidty should simply be ignored. If a German sued burger king because he ate their food, it wouldn't even touch court, he'd be told "we don't care, we don't wan tot hear it, say one more word and you will be breaking the law" or somthing along those lines basically telling him, your an idiot, you don't deserve this trail.

What do you think about some the frilous law suits?

One more i'd like to bring up, a man died trying to break into a bar because he was playing with the sercuirty systema nd got elerticaled well he on a trip and drunk. The faimly won 75,000 because of his stupidy. The bar owner was forced to pay up because his anti-burglar alarm killed a man well the man was high and trying to break in. Frankly I don't feel sorry for the man that died nor his faimly, his stupidy caused it if he would of thought twice about it he would still be living today getting high and being a burden on society.

Tell me about it. I think I remember a lawsuit where an idiot put his mobile home on 'cruise control' on a freeway thinking it was auto-pilot or something. Then he went and made himself some coffee! Well, guess what, he crashed, he sued, he won.

The 'Compensation State' has gotten way out of hand, like you said.

I'd love to be a judge and get to handle those cases i've had rejection signs in mutli languages and when a stupid case come forward i'll look at the guy and ask which language he would perfer to be rejected in. Then i'd have my baliff toss him out. Of course i'd be fired fast, or my community which supports me may look at me as a partical judge and perfer to keep me. HOnsetly I would love to look in the face of the lawyer presenting this case and go

"REJECTED! GET OUT NO QUESTIONS"

the US/UK court system is pathetic... all those 'no win no fee' crap companies should be closed down... its pathetic.

just like that Tony Martin guy who shot the burglars. good for him, the little sh!t shouldnt have been in his house, the guy who got shot bought it on himself... one less moron on the earth...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/717511.stm

basiclly... break into someone's house! if they do anything you can sue them!

the court system is pathetic.

Did you hear about the one in the UK, where a burglar went on this woman's roof, in order to break in, well the roof fell through, and he landed on a knife, and the woman who owned the house got sued - alot of money.

Now that is harsh, and quite frankly discusting.

she got sued for someone falling through her roof? how the hell can they justify that? the guy who did it should have to pay out compensation and damage to property..

the court system is responsible for alot of the crime which is happening. they concentrate too much on minor things, like driving offences, my mum got a ticket for being 2, yes two miles an hour over the limit, 32 in a 30. 3 points and £60, pathetic.

i like the thing a caller said on radio two the other day, they should only be able to issue one driving ticket for every burglar they convict... fair game to me!

Heh if a guy broke into my house he'd be shot NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Frankly if you break into sombody house and die its your FAULT. Frankly i'd like to see a law, if you break into a house, die, get injured the owner or whoever injured you cannot be held responbile for your death, or injuries. Frankly IDC if your 16, 12, 9 or 5 in the dark you can't see if a person gets shot because he did somthing illegal I don't feel sorry for the person. Faimlys all like he was our lil baby and i'm like yea, and he broke into a house threating the life of another feel threated therefor his ass got capped... I don't feel for him. Guy at worst shoudl of gotten the 12 month jail time for the illegal posseion of the gun. AT THE MOST!

And I agree that person that fell though the roof s hould have to pay for damages done to the roof regradless of how badly he was injured because frankly IDC he shouldn't of been trying to break in the first place.

mark thorpe said:
the US/UK court system is pathetic... all those 'no win no fee' crap companies should be closed down... its pathetic.

just like that Tony Martin guy who shot the burglars. good for him, the little sh!t shouldnt have been in his house, the guy who got shot bought it on himself... one less moron on the earth...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/717511.stm

basiclly... break into someone's house! if they do anything you can sue them!

the court system is pathetic.

I agree that if burglars are in your house you should be able to use whatever force you like, but that Tony Martin case was different. His gun license had been taken away from him, and the shotgun he used was illegal. What's more he didn't even say where he'd got the gun, he just said he found it in the back of his truck.

The big thing about that case was that he shot the burglars in the back. Which means that they were either running away, or they had no idea he was there. He didn't even shout a warning, he just shot them.

Frankly they deserved it. He was a older man what if they had a gun? What if they were faster then him? He would of though I should get this over with and shot em both.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/719895.stm

Its not like they were help to society with 62 convictions. For all I care they deserved what they got shouldn't of been doing what they were doing... And that mother i'd be more then happy to tell her, hey your sons did a idiotic thing they should of never broke into the house and they'd of never gottens hot. its not like they were guned down on the street just walking.

Back
Top Bottom