A country is being invaded and were doing what?

ya seriously. MAN MADE ISLANDS are being made in dubai! they purchase SAND and physically MAKE an island.

That they do. I watched a documentary about the World Islands and I have to say that they are really well thought out. There's a barrier around them to stop rough waters getting through and flooding them, but it's designed in such a way that current can flow through to stop the water stagnating. The really fancy hotel that is shaped sort of like a sail (I don't remember its name) is also an egnineering marvel. :)

the_world_dubai.jpg

that ones real man. this is just pushing what the old developing speed of countries. this country is going to explode in a few years.

Ok..

A few points.

1) We are not in Iraq for Oil. If this were the case wouldn't case prices be low? Wouldn't the dollar-per gallon be really low? Since the Iraq war prices have gone up, and only recenlty starting going down because America's ecomony is making a SLOW come around.

2) Weapons of Mass Destruction. We didn't find them. Ok, does that mean that they don't exist? You are not in the CIA, or a high ranking military personnal. You don't know, I don't know. Just because we didn't find them doesn't mean that someone under Saddem moved them. Our intelligence also blinds US from the truth of what really goes on in this country. Area 51 anyone? That goes for any other country, don't lie.

3) Remember WWII? How did that get started? After WWI we, and the ALLIES (that includes you Mr. England) decided to limit what Germany could do with the Military. Until Mr. Hitler came along and decided that He needed more power, and a Army, under the noses of the Allies, he then invaded Poland, which was an allie of England. Germany at first deined invading them at all. Thus this was the start of WWII. Does this sound familiar at all?

4) Russia is allied to IRAN.

5) It was Europe, not the U.S that started the cease fire, and was the first to say anything about this whole mess even before the US got involved. The only reason why we have anything to do with this, is because we and Gerogia is allied and we support Democracy. NOT OIL.

6) The very fact that Iran is allied with Russia, and that russia at first denied being over there or doing anything, and won't listen to the UN, should scare all of you. Also the very fact after the soviet union broke up, we did the same thing we did with Germany, and Putnam is doing the same thing has Hilter, about the military thing. (not saying that this guy is Hilter but there is a scary parrell)

Not to mention, South Korea, and Iran have been working on NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

This isn't a AMERICAN thing anymore... this is infact a WORLD problem.

But let us not forget that Georgia has one of the only main pipelines of oil/gas into Europe, all the others go through Russia :) IF they took this over, they would have a monopoly of gas and oil supplies to the whole of Europe, and would have a significant influence on how things work politically over here. :(

Ok..

A few points.

1) We are not in Iraq for Oil. If this were the case wouldn't case prices be low? Wouldn't the dollar-per gallon be really low? Since the Iraq war prices have gone up, and only recenlty starting going down because America's ecomony is making a SLOW come around.

2) Weapons of Mass Destruction. We didn't find them. Ok, does that mean that they don't exist? You are not in the CIA, or a high ranking military personnal. You don't know, I don't know. Just because we didn't find them doesn't mean that someone under Saddem moved them. Our intelligence also blinds US from the truth of what really goes on in this country. Area 51 anyone? That goes for any other country, don't lie.

3) Remember WWII? How did that get started? After WWI we, and the ALLIES (that includes you Mr. England) decided to limit what Germany could do with the Military. Until Mr. Hitler came along and decided that He needed more power, and a Army, under the noses of the Allies, he then invaded Poland, which was an allie of England. Germany at first deined invading them at all. Thus this was the start of WWII. Does this sound familiar at all?

4) Russia is allied to IRAN.

5) It was Europe, not the U.S that started the cease fire, and was the first to say anything about this whole mess even before the US got involved. The only reason why we have anything to do with this, is because we and Gerogia is allied and we support Democracy. NOT OIL.

6) The very fact that Iran is allied with Russia, and that russia at first denied being over there or doing anything, and won't listen to the UN, should scare all of you. Also the very fact after the soviet union broke up, we did the same thing we did with Germany, and Putnam is doing the same thing has Hilter, about the military thing. (not saying that this guy is Hilter but there is a scary parrell)

Not to mention, South Korea, and Iran have been working on NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

This isn't a AMERICAN thing anymore... this is infact a WORLD problem.

Thing is, in WWII, Poland didn't invade a German-controlled nation to begin with, whereas Georgia have done so here.

I don't believe that it's anywhere near as serious as you're making out here. This is not going to spawn World War III. Your paranoia seems to be getting the best of you. Every time I hear something war-related with Iran in it, it's nuclear weapons this and nuclear weapons that. Well, there are a lot of countries out there with nuclear weapons and, some might say, if one can have them then all should be allowed to. Personally, I disagree, I don't think any nation should be allowed them but, well, there you go.

Thing is, in WWII, Poland didn't invade a German-controlled nation to begin with, whereas Georgia have done so here.

This is inconclusive. We have reports of both. Russia is saying one thing, and Georgia is saying another.

To me, it sounds like Russia is trying to cover up something being the super power that it is, and being apart of the UN shouldn't they have said something before invading another country unless something else was going on?

Also Russia's wrap sheet isn't exactly crystal clear with invading countries for the fun of it and flexing their military muscles.

I don't believe that it's anywhere near as serious as you're making out here. This is not going to spawn World War III. Your paranoia seems to be getting the best of you. Every time I hear something war-related with Iran in it, it's nuclear weapons this and nuclear weapons that. Well, there are a lot of countries out there with nuclear weapons and, some might say, if one can have them then all should be allowed to. Personally, I disagree, I don't think any nation should be allowed them but, well, there you go.

Also, its your lack of understanding the situation as a whole. This is exaclty what happened when WWII got started. A country invaded another country who was allied with another country. If America does declear war on Russia for INVADING an ALLIE do you understand the situation?

The very fact that Iran, does NOT like us being in IRAQ, the fact that Korea is Allied with Russia, and Russia with Iran. Don't you think that this could be potenitally a problem, when one country is invading an ALLIE of America, when those three countries already have an excuse to start something with America, Our presence in Iraq, our Presence in Korea because of the Korean war and now this thing with Russia?

So go ahead and sit back and not worry about a thing... while all of this crap goes on. Paranoia or not, one should AT LEAST be raising an eyebrow.

This is inconclusive. We have reports of both. Russia is saying one thing, and Georgia is saying another.

To me, it sounds like Russia is trying to cover up something being the super power that it is, and being apart of the UN shouldn't they have said something before invading another country unless something else was going on?

Also Russia's wrap sheet isn't exactly crystal clear with invading countries for the fun of it and flexing their military muscles.

Also, its your lack of understanding the situation as a whole. This is exaclty what happened when WWII got started. A country invaded another country who was allied with another country. If America does declear war on Russia for INVADING an ALLIE do you understand the situation?

The very fact that Iran, does NOT like us being in IRAQ, the fact that Korea is Allied with Russia, and Russia with Iran. Don't you think that this could be potenitally a problem, when one country is invading an ALLIE of America, when those three countries already have an excuse to start something with America, Our presence in Iraq, our Presence in Korea because of the Korean war and now this thing with Russia?

So go ahead and sit back and not worry about a thing... while all of this crap goes on. Paranoia or not, one should AT LEAST be raising an eyebrow.

Again, paranoia and your position would lean towards that. And why should they have had to say something? If it's their territory, they have a right to defend it, much like when Argentina invaded the Falklands. True, Russia has now stepped in to Georgia, but I feel that if Britain were close enough then we would have set foot on Argentinian soil in order to suppress their actions.

My eyebrow is raised, but I don't jump up and scream that we're going to be attacked every time something like this is in the news. If I did, I wouldn't be able to live my life happily. I have very little evidence to say which side is in the wrong here and nor do you, and you're drawing links between these countries when you are actually allied with at least one of them. I think that most people are smart enough to know that Iran, Russia and North Korea aren't exactly enough to beat an allied United Nations force, so the chances of them actually starting full-scale conflict are, logically, minute.

If, however, the USA finds itself with a growing list of enemies, then it may be enough to change that.

Edit: In most of the sources I've come across, they all point to Georgia as the instigators. The refugees from South Ossetia even place the blame on Georgia. So, that adds to the justification of Russia stepping in. If Russia had started it, would the refugees not have fled to Georgia?

I'm guessing you never watched anything to do with the war? i remember Iraqi's smashing down statues of Saddam. there is SOOOO many people that hated him but were just to scared to say anything because they would be killed... this isent the US where you can say you hate the leader and don't agree with his way's and nothing what so ever happen to you

I'm guessing you never watched anything to do with the war from non-western tv channels? Yes, it is true that there were a lot of people who didn't like Saddam. I think we can all agree on that.

However, you watch what the media feeds you. When you watch tv (pretty much in any country) you only get half of the picture, which would be the half they want you to see. Similar stuff has been happening all over the world for thousands of years. It's called propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom