Could use a few votes for a competition

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi all, my friend and I directed this video for a video competition, "Why it's cool to work in the automotive industry." We would appreciate a few votes. For those that don't know me too well, I worked at GM (manufacturing engineering) for two summers, spent last summer at Ford (Product development engineering), and am flying to GM in a week for an interview for a full time product development engineering position. So if anyone is interested in mechanical engineering, or working automotive, feel free to talk to me about it!

Anyway, here is the link.

http://platform.votigo.com/fbcontest...ol/85660/85660

The video was better before, they made us trim out a LOT of shots. Anything with the Ford logo or "Mustang" in it was not allowed as they are trademarked, unless it was just barely in the shot.

Thanks everyone!

The music is too loud. The voice over is badly muffled and low volume. I lasted 10 seconds.
I'm sorry, it needs reworked.

Not again, the link is blocked where I work.

I'll check it out once I get back home. That is for curiosity only, I'll just vote to your favor anyway.

Voted. I couldn't disagree with Seti more on this one. The music was barely noticable and I probably wouldn't have if he didn't mention it. The voice-over sounded perfect. I didn't notice any muffled sounds.

Thanks guys! I didn't realize you had to give an email address and everything just to vote. Makes it difficult to build up votes.

My dad was a little sick when he did the voice over, but I think it turned out OK. We used a Rode shotgun mic, so I was expecting a bit better quality. But my friend had just gotten the mic, still learning the tricks.

Voted.

Although not changing, some feedback:
While I didn't experience the same audio problem, I felt the video was a little narrow. If I understand it, the goal is a video about the progress of the automotive industry in relation to technology, yet only the 5.0 is really discussed? I'm not a car guy and wouldn't know anything else to highlight, but would venture to guess that more breakthroughs were made than simply the progress of Ford's 5.0 engine.
I would (if there is a next time) capture some additional advancements instead of simply a single evolved product.
Maybe my understanding is wrong?

Voted.

Although not changing, some feedback:
While I didn't experience the same audio problem, I felt the video was a little narrow. If I understand it, the goal is a video about the progress of the automotive industry in relation to technology, yet only the 5.0 is really discussed? I'm not a car guy and wouldn't know anything else to highlight, but would venture to guess that more breakthroughs were made than simply the progress of Ford's 5.0 engine.
I would (if there is a next time) capture some additional advancements instead of simply a single evolved product.
Maybe my understanding is wrong?
It was more of using an example with parts available. I have pistons, rods, and such from a 5.0. Also, I came up with this plan while I worked for Ford. Although the narration focuses on the 5.0, the video shows three generations of engine that every company pretty much has used: Flathead, Pushrod, Overhead Cam.
And the 5.0 is just an engine that almost every car guy knows in some way.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom