cool domains i just got

That makes sense. Makes more sense that Liquid Nitrogen which is a little out of it for the simple processors we all use, even Gibant's and Geforceboy's would suffer from that.

But the idea of cooling the case and not the processor directly is a damn good one... :D

root said:
no, but as the medium is cooled down the electrons loose energy and travel slower, that is why more and more current has to be pumped into the device.
It is also worth noting that the domain (either P type or Ntype) o fthe semiconducting material the chip is made from decrease in dominance as the material is cooled, theoreticalls reaching a point where there is no sense is ever doping the silicon to make it either P or N.

My point is cooling alone will not make the chip run faster.
Cooling is becoming increasinly more important in computers because of the higher currents being used to get more speed increases.

I see , i cant believe i understood that, i must pay more attention in school then i reliase . well my watercooling is mega cool. 44 Degrees overclocked 3.6ghz.

GeforcebOY said:
I see , i cant believe i understood that, i must pay more attention in school then i reliase . well my watercooling is mega cool. 44 Degrees overclocked 3.6ghz.
LOL! Yes you should. Science and Computers go together! :D As do Maths and Computers, and IT and Computers, and Trampolining and Computers. Well; not the last one but thats good anyway.

ah but 44 degrees isn't actually that cool.

the optimum temperature for electron flow in silicon (from experiments) is somewhere between 15 - 25 degrees.
this figure is from experiments measuring current drain against voltage of chips at different temeratures. - I'm at work at the minutes but when I get home I'll post the results from the experiment I did involving freeze spray to cool chips and soldering irons to heat them up...

Pushing Cold air around the case is nothing new.the computer I'm using now works on that principal, air is drawn from the front and funneled in a plastic pipe to the processor heatsink, (which is in the pipe, the air is then drawn out the back by a fan that blows the hot air out.
so cold air in, hot air out. the only problem is your system could only ever possibly be as cold as the air (which is usually between 20 - 25 degrees.
The second problem is that air is one on the worst heat transfering materials.
so you'll never get near the optimum temperatures..

its not designed as an 'extreme' overclocking tool. its just designed to create a steady flow of conditioned air, which would in turn create a more stable environment for the computer

Back
Top Bottom