console wars

esa193 said:
acutly yes there was a confermation
the creater and head designer stated that gears of war will be infact ported in a couple months to pc to increase sales
also seeing thatr the 360 is a powerfull michine u will need some good ass hardware
as for the emulation program there r a couple on the web there pritty suxy tho but me and my friend r in the prossesor of creating one
wont be done for a while tho
we ganna try and make it flawless my idea is pritty simple
just creat a program that shuts down all extra hardwair and mimckes xbox 360 hardware then after that try and make an exsact copie of the xbox 360 os
similar to how the wii emulates gamecube games
Well, good luck with that :D I think that most people would rather get an Xbox for $400 than buy a $2000 PC to run your emulator.

Can you give me a link to any proof that GoW is coming to PC? I'd like to see it.

I'm all for PC gaming, but there's always going to be a better market for consoles IMO.

wat r u talking about
pc games always have better graphics then the consels
not our fault u have outdated hardware
if u want the latest and greatest graphics your not ganan find em on a consile
have u seen crysis? i doubt a ps3 or a 360 could run that game
the one thing i do agree with u is that graphics cards come out so constant that developers never really get a chance to take advatage of the card

well i agree with u on that 100% consels will always sell better becouse there cheeper
pc's r for the hardcore gamers
me im good with my wii ds and the new 2000 buck pc ill be building but w/e
some people would rather just get a 360 but me id rather just dowloade the games with out buyin em

i have 360 and wii and im in love with both of them. as for the console war, Wii is kicking some major @$$. You cant just go to a store and pick one up. and its been 4 months.

Taylor said:
i have 360 and wii and im in love with both of them. as for the console war, Wii is kicking some major @$$. You cant just go to a store and pick one up. and its been 4 months.
Yeah you can, I've seen them at all the local department stores here...

freestyler105 said:
There's no official confirmation that GOW is coming to PC, although that'd be great if it did.

And it doesn't matter how powerful your computer is, unless you're going to be the one to program a flawless emulation program, it won't happen.

Acutally, it will. It'll probably be two years just like Halo. :p

As for Xbox 360 games being PC ports, not exactly. Depends on the publisher. Most Ubisoft games like Rainbow Six Vegas and Splinter Cell Double Agent are multiplatform and the PC versions are actually ported from the console versions. ;) Theres going to be tons of Xbox 360 exclusive games in the future though.

Oh and, Crysis could easily run on the PS3 and Xbox 360. You can thank EA for not doing so. The only catch is that it'll be running on the DirectX 9 API, not DirectX 10, but the graphics would still be insanely awesome.

esa193 said:
wat r u talking about
pc games always have better graphics then the consels
not our fault u have outdated hardware
if u want the latest and greatest graphics your not ganan find em on a consile
have u seen crysis? i doubt a ps3 or a 360 could run that game
the one thing i do agree with u is that graphics cards come out so constant that developers never really get a chance to take advatage of the card

PC games usually have better graphics, but the difference is hardly noticable unless they ported it. The only problem with PC gaming is that if you want to enjoy the best graphics the game has to offer, you have to easily shell out double or triple the price of one Xbox 360. That's why consoles are so appealing. Some don't have the money of the interest to deal with high-end PC's so consoles are a great way to enjoy some high-definition gaming without burning the wallet.

Like UK said, PC programming is sloppy. Partially because of the fact that they have no set of hardware to specifically program with unlike consoles.

i still like my pc for gameing even tho the one i got right now sucks...but i will always prefer mouse and keyboard over controller.FOR ANYTHING!!

btw the ast time i checked the wii had best sales so far then the 360 then the ps3.but fur th month of december the 360 beat the wii and ps3's sales combiend :eek:

mongoman said:
i still like my pc for gameing even tho the one i got right now sucks...but i will always prefer mouse and keyboard over controller.FOR ANYTHING!!

btw the ast time i checked the wii had best sales so far then the 360 then the ps3.but fur th month of december the 360 beat the wii and ps3's sales combiend :eek:
Check out this site I just found...don't know how accurate it is, but worth a look:
http://nexgenwars.com/

Obviously 360 is owning because it got such a head start, too bad it doesn't show monthly sales.

that site is not conferemed it wrong since before the wii was out
the 360 yes has assured a head start and has most likely beatin the ps3 but i dont think the wii

Back
Top Bottom