Computers = Gone!

Probably be a extremely sexually active person... just because I wouldn't have anything else todo in life :p

Chris

The first computer was actually invented way before then and ran on steam. It isn't our idea of a modern computer, but it was a computer.

We would all have more active socials lifes. We'd most likely be dumber. We wouldn't miss the computer, because it woldn't of been invented so we wouldn't know what it was. And I don't think we'd be speaking german. Hilter would of never invaded the states. He would of seen no point in it. He would tooken out all european nations and russia. And created the biggest empire ever to see this earth. But america wasn't his goal that would of took too long and he wanted peace more then anything else. He always kept trying to talkt o the brits to ally with him so they could get this war over with. But Isreal would of never been created.d

What the heck are you talking about? Saying a computer prevented the Nazi government from controlling the world? Are you crazy? A computer didn't do jack, except crack a few codes. If you think codes are the key to success, then you're saddly mistaken.

Man power is the key to success, not codes. Yes, codes allow peopel to communicate to each other, but that doesn't dictate what happens on the ground. Such as tanks, infantry, machine guns, grenades. Codes can't tell you how a battle is going to happen! Sure, you can say, "beep beep beep" which could mean, "Artillery over here!" But that doesn't mean you win the battle! Man power, and strategy win a battle, not a code.

Computers didn't do jack in WWII. The coalition of American, British, and Canadian forces on D-Day is what what happened in WWII. Not a computer. Pffft...

where the f**k did my message go?

Im sick of all you mods just deleting my posts at random. This is bulls**t!

Seti says> Your other post was not touched but I did get ahold of this one. You need to keep in mind there are still problems with the forum. One more outburst like that and it's not going to be pretty...
By the way we can't delete posts in a thread. Just edit. Or make the whole thread go away.

See paradox? I messed up my own post and just edited it out. Deleting posts within a thread in a admin level function.

Lac3y said:
The very first computer was made during WW2 to break the German's codes. It was vital during the war, and we probably wouldn't have won without it.

If it wasn't invented, the germans would have won, German would have become the world-wide standard and the world would be messed to shit.

If the brits and the yanks had not got thier hands on the enigma machine, a simple coding device, things would have gone badly on D-day. It is considered in some circles to be a computer of sorts.
Oh and we didn't invent it the germans did. Just some brave men and a stroke of super good luck and we were able to steal it from the germans.

1337DuD3 said:
What the heck are you talking about? Saying a computer prevented the Nazi government from controlling the world? Are you crazy? A computer didn't do jack, except crack a few codes. If you think codes are the key to success, then you're saddly mistaken.

Man power is the key to success, not codes. Yes, codes allow peopel to communicate to each other, but that doesn't dictate what happens on the ground. Such as tanks, infantry, machine guns, grenades. Codes can't tell you how a battle is going to happen! Sure, you can say, "beep beep beep" which could mean, "Artillery over here!" But that doesn't mean you win the battle! Man power, and strategy win a battle, not a code.
Computers didn't do jack in WWII. The coalition of American, British, and Canadian forces on D-Day is what what happened in WWII. Not a computer. Pffft...

ever heard of intelligence?
And no, man power has never been the key to success, tactics (including intelligence), skill and faith (don't know how to say it better, but u know what I mean) are the key to success. U can have 10x more men and 10x more equipment yet still u might not win the war. Countless times has a small, out gunned force beaten the crap out of a bigger, well equipped army.

Intelligence is a very big part of warfare, and should not be underestimated.

Back
Top Bottom