Computer repairers youtube.

I know if I owned a shop, I would've fixed it for free. Although, if I worked at Best Buy or any 'big' company, it wouldn't be up to me to decide.

thats disipointing that people like that chage 60 to push in a cable ,if i owned a store i would have done it for free

Wow! What happned to integrity? I'd not try to screw people over. I'd do what I had to do to get the job done. I would not give the customer the computer back unless it was fixed correctly. I'd do what it takes to get it to that point no matter how difficult the problem is. Not to mention, I'd consult with the customer communicating with them the entire way through. After all, it is there money, and they have a right to be informed. If it was simple, I'd not even charge for it.

Whathappened to free advice? I have no problem doing that.

It is sick how people would want to take advantage of someone else because they do not know better. I try to empower my customers. I explain to them exactly what needs to be done, how the problem came about, and if possible, how to prevent it from happening. NOt ot mention, I direct them to sources where they can read and get the most knowledge.

I work for Geek Squad, and at my particular store, the people are actually pretty intelligent.

At my store, we don't take computers in for repair until we've inspected it and ensured that we've found the issue, so that we can continue on with the needed repair(s). In a case such as a loose IDE, or SATA cable, we wouldn't charge anything at all.

A PSU failure? Perhaps he should have tried to turn it on... I don't know how that kid got the job at Geek Squad, and quite honestly, thats embarrassing.

I work for Geek Squad, and at my particular store, the people are actually pretty intelligent.

At my store, we don't take computers in for repair until we've inspected it and ensured that we've found the issue, so that we can continue on with the needed repair(s). In a case such as a loose IDE, or SATA cable, we wouldn't charge anything at all.

A PSU failure? Perhaps he should have tried to turn it on... I don't know how that kid got the job at Geek Squad, and quite honestly, thats embarrassing.

I guess it differs from person to person and indeed is quite embarrising "IF" the guy actually diagnosed the PSU to be the culprit. Do you guys get commission on the PCs you service?

Back
Top Bottom