Is this computer learning?

Yeah, that's for the definate integral - as in a numerical answer. It's impossible to get a finite algebraic answer to the integral of sin(x)/x

In a manner of speaking, you can't get a finite answer to sin(x) or cos (x) either.

Here's what I'm getting at. Sin(x) + C is the integral of cos(x). Now sin(x) ranges from -1 to +1 which includes an infinity of irrational numbers (e.g. the square root of 2 divided by 2). When you express an irrational number as a decimal, then it's not closed as it keeps going on forever so expressions such as sin(x) and cos(x) I don't regard as being truly closed form expressions (which makes me an intuitionist to an extent just like Kronecker and Brouwer were).

In a manner of speaking, you can't get a finite answer to sin(x) or cos (x) either.

Here's what I'm getting at. Sin(x) + C is the integral of cos(x). Now sin(x) ranges from -1 to +1 which includes an infinity of irrational numbers (e.g. the square root of 2 divided by 2). When you express an irrational number as a decimal, then it's not closed as it keeps going on forever so expressions such as sin(x) and cos(x) I don't regard as being truly closed form expressions (which makes me an intuitionist to an extent just like Kronecker and Brouwer were).

Just stop. Please.

Back
Top Bottom