Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-21-2008, 09:02 PM   #11
Daemon Poster
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJacker
Default Re: computer jobs- did you do certification only w/ no school?

Originally Posted by str8_6 View Post
yeah..i think those are the more basic ones. what certs are you shooting for next tcracker?
Not sure, but I'm changing my career path to Aviation. The big career planes. But when i get the chance I wanna go to school to learn programming. Maybe like C+ or something. There is big in programming. My old neighbor now makes 110$ a hour and mainly works at his house...

USAF KC-135R Crew Chief
i7 2770 @ 3.4ghz, Geforce GTX 560 ti, 8GB DDR3 1600, SSD 120gb, cup holder
I would imagine if you could understand Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy
CrackerJacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

I am looking forward to an answer to this question. I'm stuck with dropping out of school or not.

The only reason I go is so if my own business doesn't run well or I want to change jobs I can have a backup.

So I might stay in school...but however if I don't need it I wont.
I Dropped out of school at the end of year 9,then did a PC Technician's course,and then Cert II in IT and im currently finishing off Cert III in IT,After that im doing Cert IV.I dont regret it as Cert III is the equivalent of your HSC

Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #13
Site Team
Send a message via AIM to celegorm

I had a job before any certification in fixing computers, but I had to demonstrate my knowladge before they hired me. Since then, I have gotten A+ and HP certified.
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

I'm hoping I can get some kind of basic job with computer w/o a certification when I go off to technical school for computer maintenance. Maybe I'll get a cert while in tech school, and it will lead me to a better job in the field when I get out. Right now I can only wish I had a job with computers, but there's nothing close enough...and I dunno if anyone will hire me w/o a cert. I have about 3-4 years of hands on experience and teaching myself though. I can definitely show them I have the know how.
Jesusfrk611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

I worked for the school district without certifications. I also worked in a small repair shop.

I am currently atteding CSI. Getting my associates in Computer Science, Then I am going to transfer to a 4 year univeristy and get my Bachelors. I am not exactly sure what I want to work as. Computer scientists work as software engineers for applications, software engineers for systems, researchers, systems analysts, and
database administrators. So it'll be one of those. I wanna work as a software engineer (programmer) Or a systems analyst.

MSI K9N2GM-FIH motherboard AMD Phenom Agena 9600(2) Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1GB PC2 6400 Thermaltake 430W PSU
160GB Segate Barracuda HDD 19" Wide Screen Hanns-G
Raidmax Tornado ATX Case OS- Gentoo
Toshiba A135 -Vista Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz. 1.5gb ram
www.localtechnet.net - Support me, click the ads!!
Austinn is offline   Reply With Quote