computer jobs

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
Hey, for my info.tech class i gotta make a powerpoint presentation on a career to do with computers.
So just post stuff about your job (if it has something to do with comp.)

It's like a game...whoever gives the best info, and i pick their job. YOU WIN! lol :p

Game Design, Hacking, Programming, Web Hosting, Web Design, MOdeling, Web Graphics, Desktop Publishing...the list goes on.

just pick one, and describe it. I dont have the assignment with me but i'll post more specific demands :p 2morrow when i'm in class

I retired a few years back ! But what I did was( along with a few hundred others) design build install and implement POS systems(Point Of Sale retailling) for a huge retail company for all of their stores and all the franchises. From think tank to training we covered it all. That system is still in use today but with much better networking capabilities than now. This incorporated totally different marketing techniques for unrelated taxing purposes,
unrelated inventory, and quality control along with simplified management through front /back office capabilities along with employee time records and scheduling of shifts.
The company was ARCO/PSI and at the time was the largest conveinence store chain in the world with over 1500 stores in 11 western states and the only non goverment owned retail gas franchise in Mexico and China. This means that not only did we have to deal with US taxing but also within the international banking authorities and various governments and their taxing regulations.
At the time it was frontline business solutions that within a short period of time lead to co-branding merchandise and businesses then led into the developement of the ATM system and stand alone automated cash machines. The co-branding capabilities led to the partnerships of Arco/TacoBell,
McDonalds/Texaco and BurgerKing/diamond shamrock. And the stand alone automated cash teller allows one to put any size bills in a cash machine and pump gas into your vehicle and then recieve change without having to go inside.
This is what a computer programing project consisted of.
and from the start to finish was ten years in the making along with the input of thousands of unrelated service personal and hundreds of different occupations and designers and patents and of course the lawyers that were involved.

The assignment is:

Power Point Presentation on a Career of Your Choice

Make a Power Point slide show on one of the computer related jobs listed below. Your presentation should include the following:
1. Title Slide
a. An appropriate title for your presentation
b. Your name
c. Date of your presentation
d. Course code
2. 2 or more bulleted slides:
a. one on the job description: what is this job all about
b. one on the working environment
3. using a table or organization chart describe the education / training required for the job
4. using a graph illustrate the salary trend of the job within the last decade or in comparison to other computer related jobs
5. Bibliography
a. List all the sources you used to gather information for your presentation
b. Your sources can be from the Internet (write the entire URLs), newspaper article (site the newspaper name, date of the paper, the title of the article and the author of the article), magazine articles (site the magazine names, date of the issue(s), the title of the article and the author of the article), or from personal interviews with people in the field of work.

Make sure to use spell check and grammar check to eliminate spelling errors and grammatical mistakes.

You must include slide transition, build effect, and some animation in your Power Point slide show.

Save your work either on a floppy if under 1.44 Mb or mail it to yourself if it is under 1 Mb for hotmail does not allow attachments of over 1 Mb. If your presentation is more than 1.44 Mb, save it on a CD-RW or a USB removable external storage.

Please remember to rehearse your presentation.

hacking isn't a real computer job. it's more of a hobby that is also studdied by people to make them better at their real computer job.

My Computer Job.
Network administrator is a software development house.

Training.
4 years part time as assistant admistrator.
Usual GCSE / A level / Degree education, (degree subject isn't important, though mine was electronic engineering, with added programming modules), plus extra courses such as Oracle certifications and that kind of stuff..

Job,
Administering multiple active directory domains
Administering Multiple LDAP domains
Administering MS SQL, Oracle, and MYSQL databases
Administering windows workstations
Adminiestering Windows servers (NT4 -> 2003)
Unix servers (Solaris)
and Linux servers
Administering exchange email servers
Administering Apache web servers and IIS webservers.

also performing site serveys and support to customers.
A large part of the job is also writting script files to perform jobs for you.

You should talk to pcmxkeith, he's making around $250/hr...all this at the age of 17 if im correct.

Back
Top Bottom