Computer Game Question(s)?

religion2386

In Runtime
Me and a buddy of mine used to play Age of Empires II Age of Kings, all the time online. We was addicted...it was one of the funnest games Ive ever played...We played through MSN Zone for free. Now apparently the game is old and no longer available for free I guess? The graphics wasnt, so I think the gameplay and strategy is what was some fun along with the the teams and different clans or groups you could join.

Is there any games like this out there now?
Preferably free, me and a buddy is going to be playing out of the same house.
Preferably strategy like Age of Kings.
Preferably somewhat realistic, no futuristic stuff like dragons and stuff.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

I used to play AOE2 with my close friend also. It was amazing back then, and all we'd do was play Castle Blood through the Zone.

You can still play online through GameSpy. There aren't that many people playing the game anymore, but it still is possible. And yes, it is free.

Age of Empires III is obviously out and even though I prefer #2's feel and style, 3 isn't that bad. You can download a free demo online and give it a try.

The last time I played on Gamespy, there were apprx. 20-30 people playing.

I suggest you download III and give it a try.

do you by any chance have any of the OLD AOE II members on an instant messengers like AOL or MSN or Yahoo?

Unfortunately I don't, but I myself will play sometimes.

Let me clear that up...lol. When I say sometimes, I mean once or twice every two weeks when I feel like it.

On Gamespy it was kinda lame when I tried it, there weren't enough people on, so you sat there forever waiting for a game to start... You can play it networked through your LAN and play with your friends at your house, but it doesn't work out too well online anymore. I'm a fan of AOE2, but didn't like the AOE3 demo, so I never got the full game.

Yea me and my friend was WAYYY into in back in like 01-03...with gas prices ridiculous and everything we was gonna start playing again. Not really into futuristic stuff thats why we liked Age of Kings so much... we found a place igzones.com....Havent really tried it out but at least found some servers....I was trying to get some AIM or MSN names so I could chat with some about it....That game is 1 of the most addicting games EVER!

Back
Top Bottom