Computer Certifications

I had A+ (but I think they expire after a while). I was also almost Microsoft Certified (back on XP and Server 2003) but I failed the test by like 2 questions. My boss never made me retake it and then I got my current job and haven't needed to get any more certificates since. I work as the technology coordinator for a K-12 school with 1200 users and 650-700 computers.

thats awesome jmacavali! your A+ should still be active. if you got your cert before 2011 then you have the comptia lifetime certification. just go to there website and you could check it out your self. do you work as a sysadmin?

i know that MCTS MCSA and MCSE they do retire but if the company that you are working for still accepts the cert then it is still valid.

thats awesome jmacavali! your A+ should still be active. if you got your cert before 2011 then you have the comptia lifetime certification. just go to there website and you could check it out your self. do you work as a sysadmin?

My official title is Technology Coordinator (as are most "tech people" in schools). I'm in charge of anything that plugs in basically. Servers and all the software, end users and all their problems, computers/laptops and all the maintenace, purchases and all the paperwork, state funding and all that headache, pretty much everything that has even the slightest thing to do with technology gets dumped on my lap.

I'd imagine their will be a rule as to how far these last, passports, driving license, only last 10years (photo renew)

GCSE expire after 4 or 6years.

Accountants also have to get rid of any work 4years or older (back to the company)

You have to either get a new license or redo a test for over 75year olds.

It all depends on what you do, best bet is to look into it.

Cheerio

well to get the full CCNA there is 2 tests for it. CND1 and CND2

well unless you are getting a different kind of CCNA..?

So here is a screenshot of all the exams I have to do in this CCNA

LCPcvc2.png

If you want to see what course is like you can see here by looking at the demo http://www.cisco.com/E-Learning/prod/curriculum/cco_tdo_ldd/demos/D1Ch3English/index.html. Here is a glance of the courses

Networking for Home and Small Businesses
Uses a SOHO network to introduce some basic networking concepts such as cabling, addressing, wireless, and security, and teaches students how to plan, deploy, and troubleshoot a small network - See here https://www.netacad.com/documents/3..._AAG.pdf/84da55a2-11ba-4de0-aa9b-109b51a260f7

https://www.netacad.com/web/about-us/ccna-discovery

My official title is Technology Coordinator (as are most "tech people" in schools). I'm in charge of anything that plugs in basically. Servers and all the software, end users and all their problems, computers/laptops and all the maintenace, purchases and all the paperwork, state funding and all that headache, pretty much everything that has even the slightest thing to do with technology gets dumped on my lap.

You either make some seriously good money or you're a sucker for punishment.

Back
Top Bottom