Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
Š88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to Š88
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

lol you must have been like $#%#!!!!! when you first spilled your drink all over it. Good to know that notebooks (at least yours) aren't forever screwed if something like that happens.
__________________

__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:52 PM   #12
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mr mixx~
luckly i havent been fortune enough to drop my cell in the toilet, but i have had some close calls with it hitting the pavement.
nah, atleast some of the models are unbreakable. My Nokia 6610 is not a special phone or anything, but it just won't break. It has been dropped to the floor about 40 (maybe?) times, thrown against a wall maybe like 5 times, once almost as hard as I can throw. And only damage that has happened from those is that a small piece of plastic came off. So it's still working fine. But then once it was in my pocket and I walked past a table and I think the phone hit the table and the screen broke. Well not the screen, just the plastic cover ontop of the screen, so I could fix it by replacing the cover but I haven't bothered.
__________________

mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:46 PM   #13
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 1
Posts: 2,525
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

man you should be like in a rubber room with all those accidents jk, but your lucky that it didn't damage anything.
Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #14
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronco Rox
man you should be like in a rubber room with all those accidents jk, but your lucky that it didn't damage anything.
lol. Yeah a rubber room wouldn't be too bad. But something like dropping a mobile phone 40 times in about 3 years isn't that bad.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
Š88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,775
Send a message via MSN to Š88
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
nah, atleast some of the models are unbreakable. My Nokia 6610 is not a special phone or anything, but it just won't break. It has been dropped to the floor about 40 (maybe?) times, thrown against a wall maybe like 5 times, once almost as hard as I can throw. And only damage that has happened from those is that a small piece of plastic came off. So it's still working fine. But then once it was in my pocket and I walked past a table and I think the phone hit the table and the screen broke. Well not the screen, just the plastic cover ontop of the screen, so I could fix it by replacing the cover but I haven't bothered.
i think you need your cell phone attached to some sort of tether much like soap on a rope....only different...lol, yes that would be for a much different reason but you catch my drift, right?
__________________
Killing under the cloak of war is no different than murder

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #16
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion88
i think you need your cell phone attached to some sort of tether much like soap on a rope....only different...lol, yes that would be for a much different reason but you catch my drift, right?
lol, yeah I know what u mean. But I don't mind dropping my phone once in a while, it's not gonna brake or anything. I gues I just don't pay attention to where the phone is, most of the time it's recharging and then I get up from the chair and accidentally pull the rechargers cable and the phone finds itself on the floor again. But once I actually ment to drop it in my pocket and missed. I have no idea how that happened, putting a phone to ur pocket shouldn't be that hard...
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #17
In Runtime
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 340
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxley1990
I like your sig..
Thanks. The truth is always the funniest!


I spilled soda on my cell phone the other day (SLVR L7) and it didn't work for about 36 hours. when I got it to work again, it was fine except, the keypad lights stay at half lit all the time and flicker all day long. Thank god for cell phone insurance!!!
__________________
Building a "Mac PC" . . . . $???
Restoring a 40 year old Mustang . . . . $40K~
Building a business . . . . $Still counting.
Being this damn broke . . . . Priceless!

それ自身による剣規則何も。それは熟練した処理によってしか生き生きして来ない。
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #18
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Thanks. The truth is always the funniest!


I spilled soda on my cell phone the other day (SLVR L7) and it didn't work for about 36 hours. when I got it to work again, it was fine except, the keypad lights stay at half lit all the time and flicker all day long. Thank god for cell phone insurance!!!
Yeah you were quite luck with that, I used to work for a phone company and it is suprising what people get up with their phones (droping them down the toilet etc) and they expect them to be replaced under a standard warranty!!
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #19
In Runtime
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 340
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lindon
Yeah you were quite luck with that, I used to work for a phone company and it is suprising what people get up with their phones (droping them down the toilet etc) and they expect them to be replaced under a standard warranty!!
Here's one funnier! My friend used to work for the Cingular in the mall and people would steal the display phones (the fake plastic ones), go to the other cingular in the mall and try to have them activated there. Talk about funny. He'd get calls almost everyday about the phones that had gone missing.

Oh, and he sold 50 phones based on the principle of it being "The Pimp Line". I watched him sell one one day and couldn't figure out how he kept a straight face! Guy walked up and they started talking. Guy had a phone and everything already. My friend said "you have a girl right, but you got others on the side right?" Guy said "It's hard cause she can go thru my phone so I can't do that." He says "You know what you need? (pause) You need the pimp line." as he pops the collar of his shirt up. Guy goes "You're right! Let's do it." As messed up as it is (I believe in being faithful) it was funny as hell to watch!
__________________
Building a "Mac PC" . . . . $???
Restoring a 40 year old Mustang . . . . $40K~
Building a business . . . . $Still counting.
Being this damn broke . . . . Priceless!

それ自身による剣規則何も。それは熟練した処理によってしか生き生きして来ない。
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:28 AM   #20
Daemon Poster
 
Steff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,435
Send a message via MSN to Steff
Default Re: Computer that can SWIM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxley1990
Wow, what specs?
not sure off by hand! got that much stuff to remember its only average though but you cant complain when it beats lemonaid!!

yea with my phone it wasnt very nice having to get it back out of the toilet if i wasnt under the influence of alcohol i would of just flushed it lol

them nokias are beasts you know the realy old ones 1020? not sure but if you droped one of them babys down the toilet it proberly would swim they are like indistructable!
__________________

Steff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0