Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-25-2007, 02:56 AM   #1
Golden Master

Default CompUSA is going out of business

Yup, there's a massive storewide closure of CompUSA. Some will remain up, but the primary reason is not making enough money to keep them open. I went into a CompUSA store today to look for new laptops. TO my surprise, there was a store closing sale. Everything must go including light fixtures, store counters, racks, lol. So funny. All sourthern california CompUSA's closing down except for the one in Bakersfield I think. That's what one of the guys working there was saying.

So don't go there anymore or have your PC serviced. The tech guys there were goofing off in the back. I can see them back there. It's turning ghetto now.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: CompUSA is going out of business

hmm, there is one near me, guess Ill have to go check it out..

what is up vanilla face
G35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

CompUSA has always sucked. They have the worst service and their prices aren't that great. I've had to wait in long lines in checkout because they never have more than one register open most of the time. One time I just left my stuff in the line and went to another store. Most of the time the employees just sit and screw around not doing their jobs. I'm surprised they didn't start closing stores awhile back.
The good news of this is that if any stores in my area go out, I'll have to stop by and get some really good deals on stuff
Old 03-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

they went through one of these things before too. theres still one open by my house. maybe they'll have some really good deals now
Old 03-25-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
CompUSA has always sucked. They have the worst service and their prices aren't that great. I've had to wait in long lines in checkout because they never have more than one register open most of the time. One time I just left my stuff in the line and went to another store. Most of the time the employees just sit and screw around not doing their jobs. I'm surprised they didn't start closing stores awhile back.
The good news of this is that if any stores in my area go out, I'll have to stop by and get some really good deals on stuff

You know what the funny part is? I went in there yesterday and those guys at CompUSA said the same thing about Best BUy, lol. They said that they're the ones that have the worse customer service and have the most slack among the employees.

But yeah, the whole store is on clearance. You're not missing much because it's not too significant of a price drop for me to get anything there . Not worth the trip again. Small discount.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

I checked there web site I'de like to get a 22" samsung monitor they've got there...but no stores around me have them in stock...
Old 03-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #7
Golden Master

Wow...they're one of the only computer stores around here. Circuit City will be the next best thing I guess.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #8
Golden Master

That's the trend here in southern california, at least. I don't know if it's closing anywhere else nationwide. We use to have a bunch of stores down here and now, gone. In my town alone, they shut down last year. The one I went to yesterday was closing as well. But I suspect this will affect all other CompUSA's, forcing sales everywhere.

They do have a bad rep for their service though. A friend of mine had his PC repaired there one time. He didn't get it back until a couple months later!!!! I mean what is the deal with that? The keep telling him that the PC was done and was being shipped. Ok. It took them a whole month just to get it over here?!?! Can you imagine if that happened to you? That would suck so bad to wait that long.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
Wizard of Wires

Now watch the prices go up at the other stores around town when they realize they are the only computer parts outlet in town... Watch your wallets.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #10
Golden Master

I don't really buy things locally, you can save so much by ordering online. Unless i just need to pick up a cheap cable or thumb drive or something.