Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
XEN
In Runtime

Default Company of Heroes for 20

Hi, If you wan't to get Company of Heroes and you live in the UK, you can get it from pcworld.co.uk for 20 when you use the coupon code 'heroes10' at the checkout. I dunno how much use that is to anyone, I just though it was pretty cheap. Have a gud 'un.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 |Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP | 2x512 Crucial XMS2 5400 PRO | XFX GeForce 7600GT XXX Edition | 250 GB SATA Seagate 7200.10 | DVD RW | CD RW | SB Live! card | Thermaltake Soprano case
XEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990
Default Re: Company of Heroes for 20

Lol, I have just got back from PC world..that place is too full of salesmen..

joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
XEN
In Runtime

Mmm... too true.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 |Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP | 2x512 Crucial XMS2 5400 PRO | XFX GeForce 7600GT XXX Edition | 250 GB SATA Seagate 7200.10 | DVD RW | CD RW | SB Live! card | Thermaltake Soprano case
Old 09-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxley1990
A friend of mine went to PC World in Worcester, it was mid-afternoon on a Monday, the place is huge, he compared it in size to a hangar for 707's, huge, there were less than a dozen customers, & not a sales person in sight, he wandered around for twenty minutes, eventually he found a girl, & asked where picture discs could be found, [his description, not mine] she said it wasn't her department, she'd find out, coming back a minute later, she pointed out where they would be, way up the other end, eventually he found them, & took the pack to a cash point, & waited, he called to a passing staff member if there was anybody serving, & she said she'd find someone, there were seven other tills, all vacant, a guy came along after another few minutes, didn't say a word, took the money put the item in a bag, & handed it over, still witout uttering a word, then walked off into the distance, where he came from, when my friend got back to his car, he found he'd picked up the wrong discs, & went back to the same cash point, where the same guy stood, but as he approached he looked at his watch, & went to walk off, he was called back, still the same glum expression, & when it was explained to him that they were the wrong ones, & picture discs were what he meant to get, he mumbled something like, "oh they'll do" they were taken home, where his son told him they were wrong, & he'd have to have them changed, that was that PC World.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

get CH, very good game its worth every penny.
Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
XEN
In Runtime

Yeah, supposed to be pretty hard though isn't it. BTW nice story brookfield!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxley1990
Loads of sales people milling around, but not one of them have iota of computer knowledge between them.

For a good decent computer shop you should try Microdirect opposite MRI, or Aria next to the acadamy on oxford road. The staff in there know their stuff.

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #8
Golden Master

Nice story Brookfield! [/QUOTE]
A true one.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
In Runtime

i have a business account with PCWorld for online orders. They really are utter crap. i gave up recently after being sent things i just did not order....

Maurice, have you heard they are opening a PC World on the island soon. avoid it like the plague!!!

Le Mouton,
currently in France
parismouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:29 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
A friend of mine went to PC World in Worcester, it was mid-afternoon on a Monday, the place is huge, he compared it in size to a hangar for 707's, huge, there were less than a dozen customers, & not a sales person in sight, he wandered around for twenty minutes, eventually he found a girl, & asked where picture discs could be found, [his description, not mine] she said it wasn't her department, she'd find out, coming back a minute later, she pointed out where they would be, way up the other end, eventually he found them, & took the pack to a cash point, & waited, he called to a passing staff member if there was anybody serving, & she said she'd find someone, there were seven other tills, all vacant, a guy came along after another few minutes, didn't say a word, took the money put the item in a bag, & handed it over, still witout uttering a word, then walked off into the distance, where he came from, when my friend got back to his car, he found he'd picked up the wrong discs, & went back to the same cash point, where the same guy stood, but as he approached he looked at his watch, & went to walk off, he was called back, still the same glum expression, & when it was explained to him that they were the wrong ones, & picture discs were what he meant to get, he mumbled something like, "oh they'll do" they were taken home, where his son told him they were wrong, & he'd have to have them changed, that was that PC World.
if it's that hard buying something from there imagine tryin to rob the place.

Deathstar has this game he's really into it.