Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Company of Heroes

Game of the Year was well deserved, CoH is one massive game, it would have to be my favourite WWII strat of all time.

@ Rudster, you think St Lo is hard, wait until you get to the "Take the Hill" and "Hold the Hill" scenarios (not the real names, been a while since I finished the campaign)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istonian View Post
I have it and it is awesome. I always play as the germans though. I love the tigers and if I use the right strategy I get the red ace tiger.
I prefer the Germans as well, I love Panthers and Tigers

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #12
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

^^ just got done with one this morning, that gave me an aderenline rush

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:58 AM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

It's a very good game, but get's boring after a while. I only play multiplayer, so it's pretty much the same thing all the time. Build an mg, a sniper, then another mg. Then at least 1 anti-tank cannon, then a few mgs/snipers/at cannons (depends on what you need) and then just go with tanks and a few infantry squads to cap the points.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:06 AM   #14
BSOD

i dont think ill ever get bored of it, not until another good RTS come out like that. although i have to download a 100mb patch before i can play online. just got done with the campaign, one of the best ive ever seen for a RTS.

i played a skirmish agaisnt normal computers and got owned, i played as the germans for the first time so i didnt know how to go up the tree, those HQ upgrades are weird.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

btw, download the advanced ai mod. The normal ai is just way too stupid. While the hardest bot gives you a good challenge the ai mod bots are so much smarter. They actually build stuff they need (like if you have a lot of infantry, they are going to build something to fight against that infantry instead of building 10x at guns) and overall it's a lot more fun playing against a smarter opponent.

And they give you quite a challenge too, if I play with a friend (the 2 of us vs 2 ai) on a map with chokepoints I usually pick either normal or hard opponents. Depends who I'm playing with. But with the normal bots a map with chokepoints is way too easy even if you have 2x the hardest possible bot.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #16
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura View Post
btw, download the advanced ai mod. The normal ai is just way too stupid. While the hardest bot gives you a good challenge the ai mod bots are so much smarter. They actually build stuff they need (like if you have a lot of infantry, they are going to build something to fight against that infantry instead of building 10x at guns) and overall it's a lot more fun playing against a smarter opponent.

And they give you quite a challenge too, if I play with a friend (the 2 of us vs 2 ai) on a map with chokepoints I usually pick either normal or hard opponents. Depends who I'm playing with. But with the normal bots a map with chokepoints is way too easy even if you have 2x the hardest possible bot.
theres mods for it awesome, i think the reason i loose is because the person on my team sucks, i think im going to play another one
Old 08-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
theres mods for it awesome, i think the reason i loose is because the person on my team sucks, i think im going to play another one
Try both the KMod - Nations at War and the Commando Realism Mod, I think you'll like what you see

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 AM   #18
Fully Optimized

i had it torrented but i can't find the damn disk i burnt it on. i miss it so much

Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote