Comcast cable to 6Mbps

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Just got news that Comcast cable has increased download transmission to 6Mbps at no extra charge!!! Yeah, high speed surfing.

My official download speed taken from PC Pitstop is at:

Download speed: 4325 kilobits per second

Don't know why it hasn't gone up to the 6 Megs like Comcast said. I got a nice little post card from them saying that my bandwidth has been increased to 4 Megs instead of 4 Megs. Hmmm...

I'm not too sure how your cable networks work over there, but my provider (NTL, UK) recently gave me a free speed upgrade which didn't seem to kick in. I disconnected the modem from the cable and turned it off. Then hooked it all back up and it now runs at the faster, upgraded speed. Something you could try maybe?

Mental Liberator said:
What's your download speed? kb/s

To get the theoretical maximum download rate, divide your connection by 8. eg 6000k/bit(6m/bit) = 750kb/s

I supposedly have a download speed of 3mbps but I can download actual files at a whole megabyte to 2 per second

my cable provider is about half a mile away so could that be why its so fast?

mile ≈ kilometer for you rest of the world folks lol

Ok guys, here's my updated test. Pretty sad...

Speedtest.jpg

Semtex, I get what you are talking about. My transfer rate for download according to the pic is 516kbps.

See thats where you and me differ Dave, I like downloading things, Gimme gimme, but you like uploading, whats yours is the worlds, lol your too giving! Its not right! lol

Back
Top Bottom