The clouds, oh man!

Celery

Golden Master
This morning I was at the pharmacy pickup up my scripts when my nurse called.

"William, in case you need help to evacuate you can dial 211."

"Evacuate?" "Here?" Everyone's listening to this conversation as I have it on speaker.

"Well, maybe you won't need to but just in case. You can call me when you need something."

As I left I thought what can go wrong? The electric can go out so I'm prepped for that, all my batteries are ready. Good thing I bought a heavy duty battery pack for my Samsung ON5 phone. 22400 ma in reserve.

Battery pack charged - check

Phone charged - check

On my way home I stopped at the store to pick up a 28 bottle pack of water and some dog food for my dog. I have plenty of food so I'm ok and so are the cats.

If I can I'm taking GrayZ in and keep him in my room to ride out the storm.

For those not in the know, it's about the Hurricane Harvey, it's a nasty critter and we are going to catch hell. This is in San Antonio 150 miles inland.

Man I thought "evacuate" was something else entirely.

You can't mix "evacuate" and "nurse" in the same phrase! Damn...

Yep thats what i got too. We are just getting the outer bands right now but tonight?? From what i saw you should be getting wet in a hour or two. Hope you are on high ground. wd65

I hope you guys live on elevated property. I have been hearing talk all day about "catastrophic flooding" that all the rain is going to bring. Apparently Harvey is going to slowly roll into Texas and get stuck there dumping several days of heavy rain. Joe Bastardi was saying 3'-4' of rain in some places.

It was wet as hell this morning when I woke up and all the cats are on the porch. The weather report says that today is small stuff but tomorrow we will get dumped with lots and lots of rain all day long.

Tomorrow is going to be a mess.

Back
Top Bottom