Closet Geek?

ArrizX said:
About ever close girl I have to me, knows im deeply involed with computers, they think its cute ;)

yeah thats my boy! lol

a lot of girls know that i know a lot with computers but it doesn't change what they think of me because i don't look and act like i know anything about any electronically device that plugs into a electric socket.

Lol ^ Thats damn right!

I dont act as if I know how this dohicky plugs into the big hole, and/or what it does?

Concentration fully on the girl, why talk about computers when im... Oh right, thats because we cant talk..... Ahh

Lol just messin, however, I only talk like I might know something here, not out in life.. Ya know?

I don't go around town debating benchmarks with friends.

I wouldn't hide the fact that I love computers to anyone.

Once you get to know me, you'll find out that I like PCs, a LOT. If you don't know me, i'd still tell you if you brothered to ask.

yea, its feels weird talking to person saying "o hey I have a ATI X 1 9 9 0 XT" or "I overclocked my cpu at 2.8GHZ". So weird to say, but on a forum its so no weird

everyone knows im a techy geek nerd... hey apparently a girl in IT is a turn on! lol

but ive always loved it... so yea

I"m not really a computer geek per say. I don't know a whole pile about computers and i am more outside then on the computer, but everybody knows i'm know some stuff about computers cause they always ask me.

everyone knows im a techy geek nerd... hey apparently a girl in IT is a turn on! lol

Well, i've seen your pic, a girl like you that knows her PCs isn't extermely common so hey!

I'm relatively into computers; but I still don't know much, my friends all know I like them, but then again everyone in teh school does, so yeah.

Friends are always calling me the nerd, geek whatever. Not in a bad way, we're all friends. And usually when I'm working on a program, most of them are happy to help me test something, so they know I'm big into programming. Others that don't know me that well are a little sketchy to run them, Lol!

Everyone knows I'm a geek...
(i'm a stereo typical computer geek (long hair, likes *nix systems)

Both with computers and other electronic things. and I'm a music geek.

Most of my friends know that I can do pretty much anything I like with a computer, (such as making it do stuff or making software etc), or that I can do pretty much anything I like with wires (cause I'm an Uber electronics geek)
my electronics geekery works out well whenever a friend in a band needs a PA system set up real quick, also works out well whenever my car breaks cause I can fix it.

As for girls not liking computer geeks, My girlfriend does... (and she was a bit of a computer geek herself and has actually worked for a computer magazine!).

Do I care if anyone cals me a geek?
No not really cause the fact that I'm a fairly ordinary guy means that if I seem like a geek to them it's actualkly probably a worse reflection of them...

and besides which being called a geek doesn't bother me, cause all those times people say that they'll be earning twice as much as that person, well it actually happens. all the people who were big into sports and not into school end up working as a builders labourer, or shelf stacking... whilst all the geeks go out and get city jobs and earn big money.

Is working in IT sexy? no... no job where you pick up computers and other stuf and carry bits around and crap is sexy, the guys at your office only say that cause they are stereo typical geeks who don't see a lot of women.

Back
Top Bottom