closed-minded 'experts'

I don't like when people say "I have a Mac because its the best for music creation and art creation"
There are plenty of programs for Windows that can accomplish the tasks, with the same quality, and more of them.

You wouldn't have someone creating better music/art using a Mac for example than a PC with the right tools/minds

Let's be honest here, people buy (and pay double for) Macs because they're cute and match the curtains.

Let's be honest here, people buy (and pay double for) Macs because they're cute and match the curtains.

Where in a lot of cases that may be true.
You must admit that they do have good battery life. Compared to A LOT of other laptops.

EDIT: So you can then use your cute, matching curtain, notebook for quite some time xD

Where in a lot of cases that may be true.
You must admit that they do have good battery life. Compared to A LOT of other laptops.

EDIT: So you can then use your cute, matching curtain, notebook for quite some time xD

You make a good point. Good battery life is extremely important when you're posted at Starbucks all day "working" on your facebook profile.

I'm kidding, sort of. Besides, I never said Macs were sub-par, just ridiculously overpriced.

If you honestly think people pay double, you are a dumbass. Seriously STFU and learn some facts. Compare Macbooks to counterparts of the same price range. They might not have core i7 in laptops, but how many people actually use every bit of that? It's funny how just about everyone here bitches about desktops being better for high end parts than laptops, then you guys go on and choose a fully decorated laptop. Compare iMac's to Dell and HP all in one computers. Not only do they use crappy plastic for the case, they have horrible screens on them. You don't need a 1920x1080 screen, i7 processor and SLI/XFIRE in laptops. I would rather not pay $500 for a POS plastic paperweight that will definitely break down in no time at all. Look at the quality of construction, customer service and engineering that goes into an Apple computer. How many people buy $2,000 laptops to do word processing? So don't give me that Windows babble-boy bullshit.

If you honestly think people pay double, you are a dumbass. Seriously STFU and learn some facts. Compare Macbooks to counterparts of the same price range. They might not have core i7 in laptops, but how many people actually use every bit of that? It's funny how just about everyone here bitches about desktops being better for high end parts than laptops, then you guys go on and choose a fully decorated laptop. Compare iMac's to Dell and HP all in one computers. Not only do they use crappy plastic for the case, they have horrible screens on them. You don't need a 1920x1080 screen, i7 processor and SLI/XFIRE in laptops. I would rather not pay $500 for a POS plastic paperweight that will definitely break down in no time at all. Look at the quality of construction, customer service and engineering that goes into an Apple computer. How many people buy $2,000 laptops to do word processing? So don't give me that Windows babble-boy bullshit.

That's the exact fan boy rant that we were looking for to prove the point.

Macs are over-priced. I don't know what to tell you. That's my opinion. And I can express that opinion without calling you a derogatory name or cussing at you in acronym form or otherwise.

I own both a Desktop PC and a MacBook Pro. I honestly use my MacBook Pro more now that I've got a Mini Display port to DVI adapter and a blue tooth keyboard/magic mouse combo.

The main reason I bought a Mac was because I wanted to develop applications for the iPhone. Try doing that on a PC. O wait you can't because you need OSX to do it.

TimeMachine is a really great backup tool making it extremely easy to backup to my 1TB external drive. It's also very easy to sift through many backups with a virtual screen of each stored backup copy.

I'm really haven't had mine for to long so I can't comment on a lot of the stuff. I also run a dual boot with Windows Vista installed through there bootcamp. Another thing Mac does that Windows doesn't (Legally) & without tons of compatibility issues.

The construction is second to none. All aluminum case with a magnetized screen for shutting it as well as a magnetized power connecter & everything is just so seamless. Not to mention the gorgeous LED screen.

If you want to complain about price so be it. I admit they are more than a comparable PC. But when my MBP boots about 5-6 seconds faster than my superior desktop that says something. That's 5400rpm HDD vs 7200rpm HDD, c2d 2.16Ghz vs 3.2Ghz, DDR3 1066Mhz vs PC DDR2 1066Mhz.

In the end by whatever the hell floats your boat honestly. Don't like Mac well that sucks for you because your really missing out. How many of the members here criticizing apple have used the latest offerings from Apple? If I was buying something just to use for basic stuff I would have never bothered getting one. But I needed one for what I do and couldn't be happier. And if you haven't used a Mac compare it to using an iPhone for the first time. There just on another level much like Ford vs BMW are on 2 different levels.

Back
Top Bottom