esa193

Fully Optimized
ok i looked up what transistors and etc
are but every thing im looking up starts out to advanced
i want to no how circuits work what each individual part does
why you would want it to do that
and eventually make my way up 2 how computer hardware works

who can help me :D

Yes study the transistor. It is an elementary component that makes up the CPU. There are different level of understanding and going deep on the transistor without other basic knowledge of electrical engineering is hard. IMO, you can still get a good understand transistor and how it relates to computer hardware without going too deep into the topic. Just understand that transistors are switches and that when combined with other transistors in a certain configuration, you can make it do things like add, multiple and subtract numbers.

Very basic stuff here.

If you think of a transistor as a switch. And depending on how you bias the transistor depends on how variable the 'switch' is.

A CPU deals with lots of 1's & 0's and transistors can be swithed on or off. In a CPU different logic states determin the on-of status of transistors and this created the in-out 1's and 0's.

The transistor replaced the huge valves used in the first computers - thats why they were so big. Also you had wheels and pulleys doing calculations too. It's all about logic.

Back
Top Bottom