Circuit City Closing

netBooger

Daemon Poster
It is sad to see another large company close its doors. Granted most knew it was going to happen after they filed for chapter 11. But I guess on the bright side there are going to be huge sales due to the liquidation on all items.

They expect the sales to start tomorrow (or today for some of you) the 17th.

Keep in mind, very rarely will you find sales during liquidations. Don't intend on purchasing any expensive items from Circuit City, unless you want mountains of frustrations should something go wrong.

Keep in mind, very rarely will you find sales during liquidations. Don't intend on purchasing any expensive items from Circuit City, unless you want mountains of frustrations should something go wrong.

*EDIT: Oh, and I didn't mean 'Sale' in that way. I just meant merch will be marked down.

You don't think that you will find good deals toward the end of the liquidation to try and clear out as much merch as they can and get as much $$$$ as they can?

As for buying expensive stuff, as long as you buy the extended warranty (if they still sell it during this) then you are good. The extended warranties will still be covered.

Their was a report about the warranties that said the manufacturer is where most of the warranties will be upheld. As for sales they were showing other companies that were going out of business and some of the "sales" they had which were really just scams to get naive people to buy more stuff... For instance they showed some items that were "supposedly" 75% off but they compared them to other stores prices and the price was marked up significantly and then given 75% off which really ended up being like 15 or 20% off....As for returns or exchanges they will be non existent unless certain individual stores do it but they were told to be few and far between... As for the employees it is terrible but they knew it was coming once they filed chapter 11....the unemployment rate is about to jump another couple of points....Bad times in the economy and its only getting worse and worse....

Once they filed bankruptcy and now must shut down any and all profits they make go straight and directly into a judges hands to decide which creditors get what. Owners and employees will make nothing more than their paycheck till it's all shut down.

where im at, first out Comp USA closed, then now our Circuit City. pretty much the only 2 places for electronices and computer parts. Luckily i think we are getting a best buy this year. so i dont have to drive an hour to get to the closest frys or best buy. YAY!

where im at, first out Comp USA closed, then now our Circuit City. pretty much the only 2 places for electronices and computer parts. Luckily i think we are getting a best buy this year. so i dont have to drive an hour to get to the closest frys or best buy. YAY!

CompUSA went out in CO awhile back, maybe almost a year ago, and now Circuit City.

The only electronics/computer that we have (near Aurora) is Micro Center, and Best Buy.

I wouldnt count stores like Office Depot/Max, Walmart, Target, etc as an electronic place either.

Im pretty sure Micro Center wont raise their prices because they compete with online sites like newegg for certain parts. A Q6600 for $150 at my local Micro Center, which is about $10 less than the E8400 they are selling, But they arent listed online anymore. But I hope Best Buy wont raise their prices because they just lost an competitor.

Back
Top Bottom