Choosing my major in about a couple days (somewhat computer related)

newjacksm

In Runtime
Well I just got my AA degree in Liberal Arts yippe! but now starts the real stuff before the real world.

I am going into my school and going to choose what major I plan pursuing. Well I already know which one I plan pursuing but I dont know which "track" to take.

I am going to be taking the Computer Systems program at my school but there are 4 tracks

"Networking Track"
"System Track"
"Web Track"
"Programing Track"

I was originally going to go with networking as it sets you up to get ready for your CCNA but I am starting to think maybe I should go for the System Track because well I think I may be more suitable because I really haven't worked or know anything about networking, at least I know a thing or two about computer systems.

The program is very heavy into programing/unix the tracks you choose though are basically what your career path will be which is why I am sort of just flipflopping between the two.

Any advice from anyone out there?

That sucks that they force you to focus on these "tracks". It makes it hard for you to realize what you want to do. I found that I ended up liking Networking but general programming is great too depending on what program you're writing. I can't tell you what you will enjoy so you're just going to have to do some investigating and experimenting on your own to see what you might like. Just keep in mind that no matter the choice you make, you never have to stick with it if you decide later that you dont like it.

Thanks, yeah I know but I want to get school over with as soon as possible. But like Im really torn apart with these two "tracks" systems or networking.. I think networking scares me because I have never really played around with networking besides setting up a network in my house and opening up ports, haha...

Back
Top Bottom