Choose my next gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you take guns away, people will use knifes. If you take knifes away and guns, people will use their fist. What are you going to suggest next, people have to have their limbs amputated so that they can't assault people? I hate to break it to you, guns don't kill, dangerous people kill. Don't be throwing the baby out with the bathwater here. You can't take away the weapon and assume that all will be fine and dandy. You need to take away the user. Besides, if you took away guns, people would just make them in their backyards, and cops and the military would be useless. Your logic is severely flawed there.

P.S. Arixxz, how about a M-249 SAW!!?!?!?!!!!
m249.JPG

yer I understand where your coming from but still, a gun cost more then a knife yet people still buy them and shoot people? because its a 1shot kill and you don't have to be right next to your target, where as a knife you think before you do it, i'm sure most would, it's a close range, it leaves blood on the criminal and also some people can defend well, and that leaves the crimnal thinking should he do it?

I'm sure this way round the whole death would drop alot of % in parts of country's with guns.

only swat should carry them and police should carry heavy weaponry to get a criminal down.

What the governments need to do after banning guns is pay to teach people how to defend them selves against people who attack.

What they also need to do aswell is have more private buses that take old people to where they wish to be at a small cost, because lets admit it, old people are the ones who suffer alot from petty thugs.

yer I understand where your coming from but still, a gun cost more then a knife yet people still buy them and shoot people? because its a 1shot kill and you don't have to be right next to your target, where as a knife you think before you do it, i'm sure most would, it's a close range, it leaves blood on the criminal and also some people can defend well, and that leaves the crimnal thinking should he do it?

I'm sure this way round the whole death would drop alot of % in parts of country's with guns.

only swat should carry them and police should carry heavy weaponry to get a criminal down.

What the governments need to do after banning guns is pay to teach people how to defend them selves against people who attack.

What they also need to do aswell is have more private buses that take old people to where they wish to be at a small cost, because lets admit it, old people are the ones who suffer alot from petty thugs.

You have to think to kill people with a gun as well. I've heard that snipers have it hardest when it comes to messing up their minds. I'm sure the death rate might drop, but there will be a shift between burglars and gang deaths to people's who houses are robbed and are attacked because now they don't have a weapon to defend themselves whereas the attacker might have a gun. And if the gov gives self defense lessons, coun't that be used against people as well?

P.S. Weed is illegal. notice how many people still do it? Guns are the same way.
P.P.S. I like the MP5 clone. Looks really cool.

If this thread didn't get so sidetracked, we would have probably just started the 2nd page, but no, my post will be the last one for the third page. :rolleyes:

My friend's brother has one. I really want to try shooting it, or at least some kind of AR.

How is owning a gun or modding a car compensating for something? I don't own a gun personally... my dad owns several. Here it's called personal protection. When you live 10 miles from civilization and 30 miles from the nearest cops, what happens if some psycho breaks into your house on a rampage? Do you ask him politely to stop while you call the police and please be patient while they get in their cars to drive out to see you? And yes it's happened nearby, and yes the guns have prevented innocent people from being hurt.

And on the topic of modding cars making your penis seem bigger... well whatever helps you sleep better at night. I do it because it's a passion.

/rant

Arrizx sorry for taking more of a dump in this thread.

I can relate. I live a good distance from civilization and a lot of people around here own guns. If a criminal is dumb enough to rob a house around here, they're going to be shot. When someone's house is being robbed, they can't say "please leave or I'll call the police." It could be a matter of life or death and there's no time to sit and contemplate it.

Neo why on earth did you just say 'I Dont think there is a problem with guns' ?

I don't understand.

Guns kill people.
Guns cause accidents
Guns are dangerous no matter who you are

Guns should be banned fullstop, lethal weapon and if it gets under the wrong hands then who knows.

It's ok to shoot targets and that if your bored and live in the middle of nowhere, I don't mind that.

Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people. If guns kill people do cars run people over? do pencils misspell? I guess we should ban pencils because they misspell, we should ban knives because they stab people and we should ban cars because they run people over. There's no question that owning a gun is serious business and shouldn't be taken lightly under any circumstances. I think people should be allowed to own guns IF they've undergone a thorough background check, they're not mentally unstable, and they should be required to undergo a strict safety test. Sure those things seem strict to some people, but I believe someone should own a gun only if they understand the risks of doing so. I don't own a gun nor do I plan to, but I don't see anything wrong with someone owning a gun. Some people own guns for hunting, for their job (law enforcement), personal protection, collection and yes there are a select few people who own guns for ego. I'm sort of mixed on the whole gun control issue because there are legitimate points on both sides. It's good because it can reduce the amount of crazies out there with guns but bad because it could be too strict and prevent innocent people from buying guns. Then again I guess gun control is a good thing, having read some of your previous posts on this forum and having seen some of your past behavior around here I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable knowing that you own a gun (just kidding with you!!!) :p

Arrizx, sorry for hijacking your thread. My suggestion for a new gun would be a shot gun although they're kind of scary in my opinion, an M16, a sniper rifle, or a revolver. Kind of an odd list, but I think it all comes down to what types of guns you like.

Hey troy, let me fix your post.

My suggestion for a new gun would be a shot gun although they're kind of scary in my opinion, an M16, a sniper rifle, or a revolver. Kind of an odd list, but I think it all comes down to personal preference.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom