Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-15-2008, 08:40 AM   #91
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: China is a polished turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
Well you can't just look at it like that. You have to take into account how many cars the country has and how many of them run on gas (some could run on ethanol).

For example, take Venezuela, the litter is like 50 cents.
What do other cars have to do with how much it takes to fill up my tank?


Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x
Another fact, 100% of tech support workers are in India and China.
I live in china?
__________________

__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #92
BSOD
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 128
Default Re: China is a polished turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
For example, take Venezuela, the litter is like 50 cents.
50 cents for a puppy or kitten? What breed are the pups?
__________________

Sin_After_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #93
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,004
Default Re: China is a polished turd

Quote:
You can fill up a gas tank with about 60,000 Zimbabwe dollars.
I somewhat doubt that
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4765187.stm
in may a loaf of bread cost over $80,000Z
a Kilo of beef, (2lb) cost in excess of one million Zimbabwe Dollars.

Quote:
For example, take Venezuela, the litter is like 50 cents.
shock/horror oil is cheaper in a country with massive oil reserves, they are a net exporter of oil, they are hardl going to charge at pump prices seen at their export countries in their import countries.

Quote:
I live in china?
I thought the same thing myself.
__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #94
Fully Optimized
 
spywarebanisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,135
Default Re: China is a polished turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
The situation in china is better now than before, especially in HK. I was just there in the beginning of June, and eveything changed. But from what my relatives make, they dont make as much as my parents do in america, so my family is usually more rich, but not by much. I think that is one reason why things are cheaper there since not many people get paid as well as they do in america. From what i remember, i bought some kind of mcdonald meal for about 2-3 dollars (chicken, drink, fries)
Why did i order chicken in mcdonald while i could be eating authentic chinese food?
Its because i have been living here for a long time where i have adjusted to prefer fast food than to sit down in a restuarant with some dim sum and a nice cup of tea.



Actually, now you can have how many children you want, the only reason why that happened in the past was because Mao Zhe Dong was in charge, thats when china got screwed over (why they make him a idol... i dont know.)
maybe you should go to china, and walk around, that law does not apply to all places.

i am not bashing on america, i am only trying to defend china, they are both great countries that got their own unique differences.
I just dont like how people think one "thing" is better than others.

EDIT - most american people i meet are pretty cool, though they are stereotypical sometimes, i know they say it jokingly.
The only american i think is awful are the ones that talk bad about other countries and their race.
and its not only americans, there are some other races are like that, like my mom, she says things like she doesnt like the people that talk bad about china, and think that all mexicans and blacks are evil and are into gangs. She might be racist, but she is still my mom, i make fun of her because of the way she acts towards other races, she still likes most americans, but only if they dont talk bad about the chinese.
Good thing i am not like that, since 1/3 of my friends are asians.

HK has its own separate government...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy146 View Post
Poverty in the U.S is very, very different then poverty in China. E.g:

China: 8 people might live in a shack together without electricity and a working toilet, they might have water. They probably work 16 hours a day in a shitty sweatshop 6 to 7 days a week choking on smog. Because of the dirty conditions 2 out of those 8 people might die of dysentery (the 5th cause of death in China) Another 1 or 2 might die of Starvation. (7th cause of death in china)

America: We have electricty, Water, Plumbing and Welfare. If someone is unemployed and cant get a job. Right now they could walk down to a temp service and start working at $9.00 an hour the next day. And basically they could pay for whatever they need to live easily. The only way you can get into poverty in the U.S is to be a complete lazy ass.
go die...there are many people that dont live in urban areas that cannot afford to travel to the city just to work everyday. in china, there are many places where poverty is DEFINITELY not as extreme as you are saying. most of those areas that you are talking about are either in the mountains WAAAY west of central china and they live in total isolation. how can you count that in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
America doesnt gives us SH*T!
Its harder for chinese people to find a job in America, America wont give us jobs so all we can do is work in a chinese restaurant.
The reason why China likes America is because of the stories they hear.
Its mexicans that get all the jobs, no offense people.

I think you are just BSing now Rubber314Chicken.
Stop making up things that you know nothing about.
Try going to china and see how you feel.
umm you should stop making stuff up too...mexicans only get jobs that no one else wants. they dont physically steal our jobs. america does give chinese people jobs. many chinese people work in high ranking jobs that pay a lot. but i think you are referring to immigrants.

when you say "china" likes america, do you mean that the chinese government likes america or the chinese populace likes america? cuz the stories about america thing only really happened during the GOLD RUSH, which was A LOONG time ago. now, the chinese only come because they want their kids to get into college easier, since getting into a college in china is HARD. or they might be looking for a better lifestyle. they dont come because of some stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
...you don't understand anything about what is going on in the world today. Educate yourself about the issue before making an opinion on it.


We are fighting a just war in the Middle East. That is totally different than China's government shooting up thousands of innocent civilians just because they were holding a peaceful protest.
thats a low blow. america used gas and guns to steer away protesting veterans of war. they were asking for the money they were promised. no one was killed in the american incident, but china was in a very dire condition that that time. they couldn't afford to let a rebellion progress.
__________________
amd athlon x2 4800+ 2.5ghz / 4gb ddr2 800mhz mushkin/ ZOTAC 8600gt 256mb / 320gb HDD 7200RPM / 250 watt psu
spywarebanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:11 AM   #95
Fully Optimized
 
Prodigy146's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,751
Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146
Default Re: China is a polished turd

$9.00 an hour is well paid? lmfao. Thats actually what temp services usually start out to pay. In wisconsin anyway.
__________________
[Proc: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6ghz] [Motherboard: Asus 870 M4A87TD EVO]
[GPU: Asus 5770 Crossfire] [PSU: Corsair 650 12v53a] [Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2]
[RAM: Patriot 4GB DDR3 1600] [Case: Antec 300 Illusion] [HDD: 2x WD 640GB Raid 0]
Prodigy146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:42 AM   #96
Fully Optimized
 
spywarebanisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,135
Default Re: China is a polished turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy146 View Post
$9.00 an hour is well paid? lmfao. Thats actually what temp services usually start out to pay. In wisconsin anyway.
umm...a lot of american families dont have these temp services so when they get fired, its hard to find another job... you shoul compare urban areas to urban areas. its just unfair to compare countries that had very different amoutns of time for growth...
__________________
amd athlon x2 4800+ 2.5ghz / 4gb ddr2 800mhz mushkin/ ZOTAC 8600gt 256mb / 320gb HDD 7200RPM / 250 watt psu
spywarebanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #97
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: China is a polished turd

yeah, i know HK has their own government.
But still, the other part i china i went to was pretty good too, its pretty much about the same, the only difference was that in HK its illegal to Litter. But then again, its harder to get a green card in HK, not sure if its called a green card or not.
I went and got one the last time i was there, they said i have to go back to HK once every 3 years, so i am going back in about 2 years.
They said that the only reason why they are giving me one was because my dad was born in HK, so if my dad wasnt born in HK, then i couldnt get one...
__________________

__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0