chill

some people just seem to want a really high post count and therefore post crap. some people have got over 1000 posts in a month. ive been here a yr and a half and have just got 500. i feel we should all just post normally without trying to prove anything (im not suggesting anyone in this thread is doing it though).

Haven't noticed anything at all to be honest, just the usual. However Hackslayer if you'd be kind enough to either PM me or reply showing examples of where this forum is being "blind to itself", then so be it.

Well, this happens to be a topic that you and I were discussing before (Hackslayer).

Now, this doesn't pertain to everyone, and it may not even pertain to a large group of people, but for some people, it does (if you think its not about you, then its not). I don't think the intentions of this thread was to point fingers or start a war, but rather make a point, in a form of critisism which could be constructional, if taken that way.

Now, the only issue that I've really seen is that more people do seem to believe that post count is so important, as resulting in "useless" posts with no meaning or opening for discussion. Such as, if you reply to several posts with, 'lol,' which some people do at times, it really doesn't add to the conversation. So, we've all done it once or twice, thats right.. but if its intended to raise post count, its pointless and inappropriate (this is merely an example).

As taken from a thread I posted before, here was one of my thoughts:
Does post count matter that much?
It seems to be a growing idea that people need to achieve this large amount of posts for respect, or power. As a result, I've seen more and more threads / replies with really no productivity. I think that it might be rooting down to this idea of power related to the post count.

Let me just repeat this, as I've said it before: 'You don't deserve respect because of your post count. You earn respect by the way you treat people and how you contribute to this community.'

I hope that eventually people stop with this attempt just to increase their post count, as it really proves nothing and in the end just adds more junk to the community. Instead, post a thread / reply with productive meaning, or advice or begin to help out the members when you can.

By the way.. I know a lot of people post frequently, and their post count doesn't matter to them. If you don't think this pertains to you, it doesn't.

The main thing to realize is that things like this aren't to begin a personal attack or a flame war, but rather to improve the community.

Thank you.

Bahawolf said:
Well, this happens to be a topic that you and I were discussing before (Hackslayer).

Now, this doesn't pertain to everyone, and it may not even pertain to a large group of people, but for some people, it does (if you think its not about you, then its not). I don't think the intentions of this thread was to point fingers or start a war, but rather make a point, in a form of critisism which could be constructional, if taken that way.

Now, the only issue that I've really seen is that more people do seem to believe that post count is so important, as resulting in "useless" posts with no meaning or opening for discussion. Such as, if you reply to several posts with, 'lol,' which some people do at times, it really doesn't add to the conversation. So, we've all done it once or twice, thats right.. but if its intended to raise post count, its pointless and inappropriate (this is merely an example).

As taken from a thread I posted before, here was one of my thoughts:

The main thing to realize is that things like this aren't to begin a personal attack or flame war, but rather to improve the community.

Thank you.

i understand what you mean by this, but i fail to see how it connects to mods. hackslayer said specifically about people trying to be mods, which i havnt seen whatsoever. yes, people bump up post count, but that happens on every forum, if they do it excessively, or are spamming the mods will give them a warning about it.

Lac3y said:
Nice post Bahawolf.
Thank you very much. :)

mark thorpe said:
i understand what you mean by this, but i fail to see how it connects to mods. hackslayer said specifically about people trying to be mods, which i havnt seen whatsoever. yes, people bump up post count, but that happens on every forum, if they do it excessively, or are spamming the mods will give them a warning about it.
I believe that he might've worded it incorrectly, to prove a slightly more generalized point, although I admire him for speaking up with his opinion. Its a great thing to make your voice heard when you have a suggestion / opinion, and it certainly spreads knowledge to others as well, giving insight on things.

As far as people posting for moderator.. I don't know if that is their intention or not. All I can really say personally, is my opinion based on what I've seen. I'm not one to make assumptions without facts.. and although I might do it at times, I try not to.

I just hope that as a community, we can pull together and improve things and perhaps learn some new things in the process.

Back
Top Bottom