Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Changing "Uncivilized" poeple.

Today in my debate club this issue was brought forth. The votes were 6-12-1 or for it was 6, against 12, not caring 1. I feel that its a pointless cause. Some arguments for it was that they kill each other, they torture people. They live a unhealthy life, they don't know about recent events. My replies were. So what if they kill each other, they've being doing it since the Stone Age. Let them and if they kill a few curious onlookers then um, thatís their fault for being so close. If they torture each other once again thatís not my business its thereís. Also some of them will live to a old age. So who says they live unhealthy. Also when we attempted to westernize Africa they went from being able to take care of themselves surviving without outside influence or help to starving to death and fighting even more fiercely. So now we got a lot of Africa people starving to death because of our attempts to civilize them. Also they don't cost the government anything. If not they probably help it by keeping sections of forest alive by them living in it. They don't get government aid; they don't go to hospitiaís they don't get involved. They stay by their lonesome selves and mine their own business. There are in no way danger to us. And who says they want to change there ways? Just have the government give them a nice piece of land that no one uses and let them live there in peace, and we not worry about it which would be the easiest solution. Also maybe some people want to study stone age people. its the perfect examples. Let them be don't influence them and we might learn something from them. What do you guys think.

In short sorry about the original grammar I looked it and didnít see how bad it was I fixed it up a bit. But in short the UN wants to pass a bill to make countries deal with their tribes, that are in the nature living by them and sometimes they get into conflicts with other people like themselves. And the above was just a quick view of it for me.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y
Default Re: Changing "Uncivilized" poeple.

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say

ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:17 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to jac006

I see your point... but your grammar is horrible. However, if I had more time to type, I would say how I disagree with you, to a point.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y

What do you mean by 'uncilivilised people'? Poor people? Criminals? People in 3rd world countries?
ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Lac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

I fixed it and I hope you do put in your points. Trying to develop this into a good debate. Normally I get everything I want to say out in debate club. But we had a short 6 mins for, and aganist time.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to pctechmike Send a message via MSN to pctechmike

Out of the votes, 6-12-1, you're 1, aren't you?
I see what you're saying, however, I didn't see anything in there that asks "What is civilized?" Who can determine who is "civilized"
What's uncivilized to us, may be perfect for them.
My view= You can't change "uncivilized" people- they have to civilize theirself.
Seen the edit in the original post- I don't think the UN should get involved.
Reason- That's what is wrong with the world- everyone tries to fix everything. While change can be for the better, it can also be for the worse- IMO
pctechmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
Golden Master

Sometimes the people don't have the resources to civilize themselves. You know how European's dominated the Aztecs, Incas, etc.? Resources. They have guns, germs, and steel. They had horses, guns that killed faster than the blink of an eye, small pox, etc. It depends on the region. Sometimes we have to bring in the civilization. Because of the geographical layout of the world, people living in Central and South America just wouldn't have the resources that others would. The horse is easily domesticable. The llama isn't. It's very stubborn. Europeans had grain, and the people in South America had corn and maze. But grain faired better and, then, there was metal. Because of the resources in the land, metal forgeries were developed and produced. This gave an edge over others... see what I'm getting at?
Old 02-15-2006, 09:16 PM   #8
BSOD

You can't ever determine who is "civilized" unless those that are opposing you, and that means every human that opposes you, admits to not being "civillized".

And yes, Nik, your grammar is HORRID. I mean, yea I make some mistakes, but wow. "Hospita's"? "GO Mine there own buisness"?

Are you from a different country or do you just not really care?
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 01:40 AM   #9
Golden Master

Who? Me?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:41 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

I refer to head hunters, Tribes that run around in lion cloths, and so on. And my grammer is bad. It always has been. Got learning disablities in that area. But by uncivilizied tihink of tribes that practice old relegions, um head hunter tribes are the best way to put it.