CF's January Competition - Design Logo + Icons

Just a quick sketch (not really good with all the painting programs -- this was done in paint.net, but could have been done easily in mspaint). For me to colorize, I'd need the background color (I just thought, check the html/css in the site source, Ctrl-U in Firefox), but I'm lazy (not really, just should be doing other things, like homework).

cfLogoSketchBW.png

The "text" on the screen represents programming, the smoking computer box to the right I think speaks for itself (once you know that the chicken scratch outside the case is smoke), wireless keyboard/mouse through USB port on monitor, and pen and paper for recording good/bad BIOS options for overclocking the burning box. Everything is hand drawn, except the video cable (just the line/curve tool in paint.net), with the pencil tool.

While I think it represents a major portion of the site, I think it's complicated. Maybe someone could work with it or whatnot for colorization/cleanup. Maybe inspiration to hurry up and create something 1000 fold better, lol.

For the new/old sections/posts/whatever, I had in mind to have a wireless signal derivation, where waves and bright-er colors indicated newer content, while a lovely gray and dull version without waves indicates boring old content. :p

Most likely it's because it's so familiar(sp?). I would again go to www.vbulletin.com and nab the black and gray skin. Here's the link that goes directly to the themes. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/95-vBulletin-Style-Packs They're xml sheets so there's no graphics to have to fool with. Using those as alternative themes then go about adding a different style logo for them and leave the default as is.
If that's not the case, then it's simple enough to go to places like flamingtext or cooltext and make a logo with a transparent background. The glass or steel looks pretty neat.

I can move the "Forums" under "Computer" if necessary:
cfsproto1-led.png

cfsproto1-1-led.png

cfsproto2-led.png

cfsproto3-led.png

As for forum icons (otherwise known as the "lightbulbs"), I was thinking of these:
chat.png
chat%20off.png

Computer-icon.png
Computer-icon%20off.png

harddisc-icon.png
harddisc-icon%20off.png

folder-open.png
folder.png

It would be awesome if you could assign a unique icon to each forum and have it function as the lightbulb icon. I tried doing that on my forum, but it didn't work right and so I simply made a new column on the forum list and put the icons beside the lightbulbs. Came out ok I guess, but still not as cool.

Lucas, thanks for the icons, I have used them on the forum home.

Keep the logos comming

Does not match the theme at all.

...and when are you going to center the advertisements like you said you would?

Back
Top Bottom