Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 AM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via ICQ to Fabric1601
Red face CF Reputation??

At the beginning when i registered i didnt pay too much attention to this little green/grey squares under ur avatar. Since the beginning mine has been grey and when i hover it is saying: "Unknown quality".
I began to notice that there are ppl with more squares and they are green and everyone have some sort of message on hover I thought that it might depends on the number of posts...stupid me!!!
Can somebody enlighten me of how this whole system with the reputation works? How can i gain reputation?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:12 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: CF Reputation??

You get positive and negative reputation from other members on the forum. Positive Rep's are usually given when you help others out, give good advice etc. and bad Rep's for obvious reasons. It's a brilliant system as long as it's not abused. I have 3 squares all from helping others on here and generally being as helpful as I can.

You give the Rep's by clicking on the scales under your avatar and leave a comment with it.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #3
In Runtime

Thanks alot man you explained it very simply and clearly...now i understand why are thiese scales for

And btw how can i check how many rep points do i have?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

No worries.

To check your rep just click on 'User CP' at the top.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

That shows your recent reputation, you can click the scales on any of your own posts and it will pop up either with rep received for that post or a popup saying no reputation received ... either way those screens will show your rep amount.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #6
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to myles363

its also hard to get rep when there are so many more knowledgeable people than me...im here learning more , if i can i try to help, but like i said someone would probably know better.
Antec 300 Case | 650 Watt PS | MSI 750a SLI Platinum Mobo | Athlon 64x2 5400 Black Edition | Xigmatek HDT S1283 HS | 2x Bfg 9800gt OC+ Running SLI | 160 & 500 GB Hard Drives | Ocz Reaper 4GB | Asus CD/DVD Burner
myles363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #7
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles363 View Post
its also hard to get rep when there are so many more knowledgeable people than me...im here learning more , if i can i try to help, but like i said someone would probably know better.
I think you just need to me a bit more patient look at me - 1st rep on 93 posts
Yayyy me!!!
*claps his hands many times, and runs to the bathroom to put them under cold water....*
Old 12-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles363 View Post
In my experience, usually when I answer a question in the Computers section, the most I'll get is a thank you because a lot of people just register to ask a few questions; never really take the time to learn the reputation system. I do always give out reps if I've been helped, and I know a lot of the long-time members do too, but for the most part don't feel bad about not getting reps there. Usually, just go to the social lounge and make a joke, talk about cars, or discuss hot women

There, 3 for 1! But don't be as funny as me, because I'm probably going to get banned for that
Old 12-03-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

IMO rep requires two factors to increase, long-standing good membership, and general helpfulness. For the first year and a half I never got above 3 bars (was stuck at like 250 rep points), but now I've been here longer, getting more involved, and helping more people, and now I am over 700 (to give you any idea how much rep somebody has, each bar up to 6 is worth 100 points and then it goes up to 200, then up to 300 ... our highest members have over 1500 rep points).

***Psst, my tip is to try to be really helpful to longer-standing members as their rep counts more. Newbies who join for one question, even if they know how to give reputation, it doesn't count any points. ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson.MacKenzie View Post
In my experience, usually when I answer a question in the Computers section, the most I'll get is a thank you because a lot of people just register to ask a few questions; never really take the time to learn the reputation system. I do always give out reps if I've been helped, and I know a lot of the long-time members do too, but for the most part don't feel bad about not getting reps there. Usually, just go to the social lounge and make a joke, talk about cars, or hot women

<pic>

There, 3 for 1! But don't be as funny as me, because I'm probably going to get banned for that
Oh GOD, that's worth a negative rep.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Head View Post
IMO rep requires two factors to increase, long-standing good membership, and general helpfulness. For the first year and a half I never got above 3 bars (was stuck at like 250 rep points), but now I've been here longer, getting more involved, and helping more people, and now I am over 700 (to give you any idea how much rep somebody has, each bar up to 6 is worth 100 points and then it goes up to 200, then up to 300 ... our highest members have over 1500 rep points).

***Psst, my tip is to try to be really helpful to longer-standing members as their rep counts more. Newbies who join for one question, even if they know how to give reputation, it doesn't count any points. ***

Oh GOD, that's worth a negative rep.
Don't judge me for my fascination with the big boned women!!