Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-28-2006, 01:07 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default IT Cert

Hey guys,

What is the best way to get my foot into the IT world? Ie: A+/network, MSCE,CCNA, linux, and etc... I decided I need a change, and I want to do something I love. I would like to look into Network Eng./Amin. Which is the best way to get your certs in todays IT world? Thanks for any info.

Bill

Old 01-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to geek_gal Send a message via Yahoo to geek_gal
Default Re: IT Cert

Thats a good idea, you cant do a job that you dont love, my brother is stuck like that tho,
He is a manger but as a cleaner so its a majorly sucky job but he has to really, he would be much better off in the I.T field but yeah....Thats life,

If you get to put a foot into the door', by all means go for it! Good luck to ya~!

I would say MSCE(not positive about that is all about really, i thought it was a sorten 'cert' like with MS, in sure.), Computer Science, programming,? ect etc

I would like to know this too...im wanting to get into the I.T field aswell

geek_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:21 AM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to pctechmike Send a message via MSN to pctechmike

If you're looking for a way into the I.T. world, experience counts for more with most than certs. I would try a short internship program, or something of that nature. I have worked as a Computer Technician, Network Support, Help Desk, and now for the State, plus starting my own business on the side- with no certs at all. Could I get them, sure. A+ and Net+ I could probably go take today, but there's almost no need with the position I'm in. I worked myself into a good company, simply by talking the talk- and walking the walk. It doesn't hurt to have a few good references either
pctechmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:23 AM   #4
Baseband Member

MSCE is Microsoft Certified Engineer, it mostly deals with networks, lan, wan, p2p and etc...Like the CCNA, just trying to find out how to get the certs is a real pain. every site or college I looked at or called doesn't have anything I need. I really want to learn more about unix/linux shells, I use gentoo on my server and laptop but i only know enough to get around nothing major. I already have a small side company building PC's and setting up networks for home/small bis.