CD Keys and Warcraft III

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
Random question, but my cousin and I want to play Warcraft III: Frozen Throne (the expansion) together online. I have to go and buy this game since I only have the original Warcraft III, and not the expansion.

Question: I've lost my CD case a while ago and I think I'm using a random CD key that I dug up from another friend. Once I install the new expansion pack and use the new cd key, will I have any problems playing online? I figure since the original game is using a random CD key, it might give me problems.

Any ideas?

I don't know if online would be based off the expansion or original CD key.

The only way to figure that out is to try it. If it didn't work, then get your friend to come over for a LAN party or something.

You could always ring up the company and see if they would give you your key. If you paid by a card they may still have your purchase on record so thats worth tyring.

I don't know if online would be based off the expansion or original CD key.

The only way to figure that out is to try it. If it didn't work, then get your friend to come over for a LAN party or something.

Yeah, LAN would be cool but I don't really game that much, so this is kind of a pasttime for weeknights if I'm home.

You could always ring up the company and see if they would give you your key. If you paid by a card they may still have your purchase on record so thats worth tyring.

That would work, but I paid cash for the game, and this was YEARS ago.

Can you play online now before installing the expansion pack?

Good question, I'll try once I get home.

It goes by the WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos CD key. I have the battlechest and my brother was also using my key. I didn't want that because I couldn't get on. Since we both played FT we thought if he got just an expansion pack, we both could play at the same time. Wrong. You need different RoC CD keys. What you can do is play on the Azeroth server with CD key A and play on Lordearon with CD key A. Because they're different servers you won't have a problem, but then you can't play with your friend lol.

Back
Top Bottom