Ccna

pooker

In Runtime
I am thinking of going for my ccna certification, This is my first semester in college , I started in august. But it comes pretty easy to me, all I have read about the certifications have been on the web. I would eventually like to progress to a ccia, could someone tell me what all entails and what kind of knowledge would be required with each pregrossen, and what is good to be certified in?

I am pretty good with html, subnetting comes easy to me, as well as setting up cisco routers. I have no problems with cmd, and I love cli programs. I know most of this is basic stuff, but from what this entails so is a ccna certification. Is there any other certifications that are worth getting into? I am wanting stuff that benfits me as my career grows.

I have a friend who works on printers, he has to get a certification for every different printer he works on. Which in my book, means that there is alot of pointless certifications out there. Just trying to clear up what is the most beneficial.

Thanks

CCNA is all about setting up cisco routers and switches, CCNA certifications also expire after 3 years (Except CCIE)

Thanks I will most likely go for it then, any other suggestions on what to get next. Not meaning to be to personal Dj-chris jut it seems like have a nice job, what did that require? Does it pay well and do you have a nice working enviroment. Not stressed to much, again not meaning to be to personal just scoping out the field, you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

Thanks I will most likely go for it then, any other suggestions on what to get next. Not meaning to be to personal Dj-chris jut it seems like have a nice job, what did that require? Does it pay well and do you have a nice working enviroment. Not stressed to much, again not meaning to be to personal just scoping out the field, you don't have to answer if you don't want to.

I do consulting as a personal thing, usually working with charity's :rolleyes: I do this mainly for experience.

However I was employed as a computer technician elsewhere, but I am looking for a new job. I don't yet have my full education I want, so I am not seeking a full time job right now.

As for education goes, looking at the Comptia exams they seem like a great start. Unlike the Cisco exam, they also never expire. A+ and Network+ should be extremely easy to pass.

Oh yeah if you want to talk more, feel free to add my AIM or MSN in my profile.

Back
Top Bottom