Cars, Focus - Which model?

alex_boothby

In Runtime
Hi there guys,

Wondering if any of you know a bit about cars.

Basically we are torn which car to buy....

Either,

A)Focus TDCI 1.6 Titanium 2013 for £11,111

or

B) Focus TDCI 1.6 Zetec 2014 for £11,999 so a bit more but a year newer and is the newer shape!

So the titanium is much better inside and more gadgets, but the zetec is the newer shape!!!

Arghhhhh I'm not sure! Im guessing the newer car will hold value better even though its the mid range spec as its the newer shape!

Any opinions guys?

I would get the Titanium. Titaium is a higher trim level than Zetec. Zetec is the sportier model though, whereas Titanium is the comfort model.

Depends whether you want a softer ride and smoother power or a bit of a stiffer ride and a bit more direct power. Same engine in both cars, but different inlet/exhaust manifolds (I think) and different transmissions. Milage is an relevant question, as is the service record. Should have had at least 1 interim service on the 2014 model and at least 2 (interim and full) on the 2013 model.

you need the new RS mate, AWD!!!!!1!!11

Seriously though, I live with an ST150 every day, and I'd kill for softer shocks at the end of a long day :p

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thanks for your thoughts! .....and the picture :)

Ha a ST would be nice, but not so good on the MPG :p

Miles: 16K for titanium (13), 8k for Zetec (14). Also as the zetec is newer it will come with 2 year warrenty instead of 1

Basically just looking for something that does good MPG as drive a long way to work.

Only thing that does put me off about the Focus is its not the fastest. So have been considering the Astra 2.0 TDCI - still great MPG but with a bit of poke!!

If comfort is your thing, I'd largely avoid 'Zetec' cars and lean towards Titanium and TitaniumX models - basically the executive versions of the cars with more toys, a softer ride etc.

I had a friend who rolled in a TDCI astra (the 1.7 version though) - lots of torque and pretty nippy.

11204976_819941498074329_2223444270375875050_n.jpg

2 litre naturally aspirated inline 4, japanese-spec straight-through exhaust, uprated manifolds, uprated injectors, coilovers, etc etc :p

Definitely NOT comfortable...

Buy my 2002 Renault Megane, only £2500 to you lmao

Seriously though, it's also worth looking at older cars with low mileage, my motorbike is 2001 but had only done 6500 miles so cost me a shade under £2000, new tyres and battery and it was virtually new!

Back
Top Bottom