Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-22-2007, 05:35 AM   #1
In Runtime

Talking Career Question

Currently i am in yr11 and next year, i will be finishing my schooling and will be starting university. I am thinking of studying Aeronautical Engineering which is a 5yr course and then train on to become a pilot. The other option is to get into the IT field, because now, IT is in big demand and there are a lot of opportunities. So right now, i am confused about what to do, whether to become a pilot or join the IT field.

Can i please have your opinions?
Thanks

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz | Asus P5Q SE | Kingston 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 500GB |Gigabyte 9800GTX+ 1GB | Cooler Master Pro 550W | LG W2242T 22" | Thermal Take Soprano RS100 | Windows XP Pro | Fedora |
Vipul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
muz
Golden Master

Default Re: Career Question

be a pilot it pays more

But on a more serious note , do what your heart says to do , if you wanna be a pilot so badly dont train for the It field just cos its an easy option and you know you can get a job easily cos in the long run you wont be satisfied cos you will always think what if i had been a pilot

Old 09-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

pilot.
Think about it
You office..
this?

or something like
this?
Old 09-23-2007, 03:53 AM   #4
In Runtime

Hahaha, i like the way you guys think. On the other hand, theres this thing called AIDS(Aviation Introduced Divorce Sydnrome) which many pilots suffer, due to the lack of spending time with family. But if you think of it, every job has disadvantages. Oh well, i still have another year to think about.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz | Asus P5Q SE | Kingston 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 500GB |Gigabyte 9800GTX+ 1GB | Cooler Master Pro 550W | LG W2242T 22" | Thermal Take Soprano RS100 | Windows XP Pro | Fedora |
Vipul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:56 AM   #5
BSOD

Smile Re: Career Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipul View Post
Currently i am in yr11 and next year, i will be finishing my schooling and will be starting university. I am thinking of studying Aeronautical Engineering which is a 5yr course and then train on to become a pilot. The other option is to get into the IT field, because now, IT is in big demand and there are a lot of opportunities. So right now, i am confused about what to do, whether to become a pilot or join the IT field.

Can i please have your opinions?
Thanks
Join the it field if you like it.
windowsvista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Illmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipul View Post
Hahaha, i like the way you guys think. On the other hand, theres this thing called AIDS(Aviation Introduced Divorce Sydnrome) which many pilots suffer, due to the lack of spending time with family. But if you think of it, every job has disadvantages. Oh well, i still have another year to think about.
Theres also this thing called NERD(nerd) syndrome which many IT professionals suffer. Sad thing, really.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
Golden Master

Get the job that pays the most and provide the most benefits, hehe. IT is all right, but you don't get the thrill of being in the air. Being a pilot, well, obvious the worse case scenario is you crash and burn. IT, worse case scenario is you get a cut on your hand, carpaltunnel syndrome, and eye strain.

Damn, I rather fly now...
Old 09-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

or get electrocuted...

but then again you can be an IT guy for an airline...compromise :P
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
Golden Master

Being a pilot has it's advantage too. Can you imagine being captain of a 747 and wearing a uniform? You get massive respect and it's a good feeling that everyone relies on you to transport 300+ passengers safely to their destination. Plus, all those beautiful stewardess, whew. Fine legs. Mmmm. All the free food you can eat and all the different places you can fly with no one bugging you, aside from your co-pilot, hehe.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:05 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

Eh, just work at McDonalds, they have food.

Captain Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote