Career!

At the moment im doing my Cert II in IT,After i do that im going to do Cert III In IT,After that i would like to become either a PC Techinican,Or a Systems Admin :D

My future plans are a little odd, but it's something I really want to do...

I want to travel around America doing different jobs, specific to the different regions, not as a drifter though. I want to get a full grasp on the industry's, the methods used and why they do it the way they do, and there's no better way than to just do it. I want to appreciate all the different jobs Americans do that make my life easier whether they know it or not

Like, here in the South things are very largely Agriculture, folks live and work around it, it even trickles down into the culture, day to day speech. And even if they aren't directly involved in it, they still know about it, farm on the side or they have family that works in the industry. I grew up farming, I know the ins and outs of the trade and every time I eat a hamburger or a steak I know all the work behind it.

I want to travel and go to different places where instead of the local economy revolving around Agriculture it is something else. There are other things in Alabama I want to do before I move though, I want to work on a traditional logging crew, I also want to work on a Mule Logging crew. Then I wish to move to the gulf coast and work as a shrimp fisherman on a fishing fleet.

Then I plan on moving to new regions, I want to move to the Northeast and work on a commercial fishing fleet during the lobster seasons. I also want to work as a field hand in the vineyard's of the region during the grape season.

I also want to work in the Pacific North-West as a logger (the logging industry is different there, alot of it is done by hand as the terrain is to steep and rough for the more conventional logging equipment compared to the South and other places around the country where mechanical harvesters are really the only methods used)

I also want to move to the Virginia's and work as a coal miner, then on a tobacco farm. Then I'd also like to move to Kansas and work as a field hand during the Wheat Harvest, row cropping is a kind of Agriculture we have never really done on a large scale, it's not practical here...but it is there, and that's why I want to do it lol

Then there are several odd jobs I wish to do, that I could do anywhere. I want to work as a Construction Worker building homes, as a radio DJ on a rock station, as a Security Guard for a major band, I also want to work in a garage working on/customizing mini trucks, I also want to be a Storm Chaser and lastly I wish to one day be the fix it guy when it comes to PC's in a large office firm:D

As I've said, it seems kinda odd. But it's not something I wish to devote my life to, just merely 5-7 years of it. Then after I've had my fill of wandering I'll return to Alabama and settle down, take over running the family farm, try and find a girl I could spend the rest of y life with, get married and live out my day's as a (at least part time:p) gentlemen farmer.

So you're going to do the States' deadliest jobs and then live out the game of Harvest Moon. Whatever blows your dress up dude. :D

Back
Top Bottom