Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-20-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default car time

i'm at that time now where i will be needing a car soon and unlike all my friends i have to buy it myself. now i would just buy some crap car to get me around but i'm going to need a truck because i need it to pull an open wheel trailer for my race car. originally i was looking at a Ford Bronco XLT at around 4 grand but then again the thing is 8 miles to the gallon leaving my pockets empty haha.

so just yesterday my i was talking to my friend and i was asking him about what car he has. oddly enough he has a 94' or 96' Ford Ranger. now this would be ideal for me because its a small truck, can dish out some torque needed for a trailer (that i mind you will be small and light), and its pretty good on gas.

now before i have my mind set on this i want to get your guys opinion. do you know of any other brands that i should look into that are good on gas?

i was sticking with Ford originally because from my own experience, mileage and age doesn't matter. i'm looking for a truck thats under or is 6 grand and is used and year wise i would say after 88' and before 2000 unless there is a great deal on it

any help would be great thanks

Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: car time

I'm just reading what you wrote and it looks like you pretty much narrowed it down already to what you like. You want to stick with Ford, but want a pickup truck. The only option there is the Ford Rangers or if you want to go up to a F150, that's good too but again you will end up spending a little more on gas.

I highly recommend going to Toyota for trucks. I understand that some people are not ethnocentric towards import purchase, but Toyota make excellent fuel efficient pickup trucks. I believe they are the best in their class (Tacoma) for acceleration, reliabiltiy, and fuel efficiency of all the small pickup trucks out there. Tundra, whoa--don't get me started there because that thing's a beast. 10,100 pounds of towing capacity?!?!?! Damn.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

wow i never knew that lol. i am biased on Fords but willing to look for other fuel efficient trucks. i pretty much forgot that toyota made trucks but i'll defiantly look into that. thanks
Old 05-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
Golden Master

Yeah, haha the Tundra commercials are pretty sweet.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Sounds like you don't need a very big truck, you might want to look for like an S-10 or if you don't mind going the import route, you should look at a Nissan pickup. Small and fuel efficient. Toyota's are cool too, you can find a decent Toyota for a decent price. Plus those imports run forever. Of course, you'll need to make sure it has a hitch.

Edit: I just did a quick search in my area (NW Pennsylvania) and found this truck that would be perfect for what you need. This is the kind of thing you should be looking for. And it looks pretty nice too.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=14

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

yea i'm looking for a small truck because this is all i need to tow

they aren't big, they're like 14 or 16 feet long by 5 1/2 feet wide so all i need to get is an open wheel trailer and a small truck would be able to yank that with no problem.

but i would prefer something with a bench in the back, i mean if it comes to it i'll buy the 2 seater.

i was actually looking at this for some time now
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...el=&cardist=47
too bad hes in brooklyn but i don't mind driving there or to NJ, Penn, or CT.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

What, you can't just drive that out to the track? lol
What you have listed looks like a good option, as long as you don't mind getting your hands dirty occasionally.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Lew View Post
as long as you don't mind getting your hands dirty occasionally.
ahem, hands dirty??? you make me laugh. i look like a bum when i'm done working on my car.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #9
muz
Golden Master

ha ford i just remembered what it stands for Fix Or Repair Daily

anyway , if you want a truck i would go ford or toyota pickups are reliable as hell , i remember seeing top gear when they put a toyota pickup through the wars