Car Nuts: 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury

bullzi

Fully Optimized
Dad got this car on eBay for a few grand, all original and it's in great shape. Typical things such as carpet, some trim and various other things need to be replaced, no surprise. However, for being all original it looks great. (I'll get pics sometime.)

The big thing. My dad just got a couple 440 blocks that we're putting a stroker kit in. This kit will essentially make the block 528 cu. in and pushing just over 500 horses. :D We got the kit today and it looks freakin sweet.. can't wait until this thing finally fires.

i know you're excited but wait until you have pics before you make a thread like this so that we can be excited too

I'll go take some pictures of it here in a bit, I need to anyway for our change of insurance.

This thread is approaching failure. Needs peektars!

As for the car itself, not exactly my cup of tea, but I will always have a certain respect for well tuned and kept American Muscle. My dad's favorite car is still the 1970 Dodge Challenger.

Damn sounds like a nice engine you got going there! Good power.

I know of one person that has a Ford 460 stroked and bored to 530, I think it makes 700hp! It's crazy power, those stroker kits are great, expecially for low-end power, get those big long strokes, get great power in the low RPM range, which is exactly what you need for cooking donuts, lol.

Once it's done, I want a 1/4, 1/8 mile, and 60ft times! lol

Niiiice!...I love those old muscle cars!

What other plans do you guys have for it besides a big ol' stroker?

Niiiice!...I love those old muscle cars!

What other plans do you guys have for it besides a big ol' stroker?

I think my dad's gonna keep it a sleeper. We're certainly going to get the interior restored among paint and some other stuff. Mainly, my dad wants to keep it a nice lookin cruiser with a nice surprise under the hood. :p

pics or it didnt happen :p

Haha, I know.. Unfortunately we aren't building the motor, not sure why, we've built many before but my dad sent it over to his buddies shop to have built. We did get the stroker kit which is now at the shop. Tomorrow I will get pics of the car though :)

Once it's done, I want a 1/4, 1/8 mile, and 60ft times! lol

Yea, I'll definitely get times. The trick is going to get this thing to freakin hook up. Our '72 camaro with a 355 wont hook up, so this'll be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom