Car Insurance

I'm puzzled, you're 25 in October, so how come you're still classed as a young driver??, that's a real bummer!!
Sadly young drivers are those under 25,
and I never bothered learning when I was 17, so I've been pretty harshly stung on insurance... but at least I was working when i was getting insurance
Did anyone see that driving me nuts or something on TV last night? It was quite good actualy, about old age pentioners driving and the fact that they decide when they are not fit to drive and dont have to re-new their licence or whatever. There was this old man on it reversing from his drive and it must of took him 20 mins to get it right, and when he comes to junctions he panics etc. Not all are like that, but it does raise some good issues :)
ummm... my license expires when I'm 70, and I'll have to retake a driving test if I want to keep driving.
this includes being certified fit and healthy.

Are you serious? People who are 70 now have to retake their tests if they wish!And if they feel they are still suitable to drive. Thats pretty whacked! :p

Roundabouts suck. The rules as to what lane you're in to go in a certain direction change randomly depending on the directions available; that is, most roundabouts you're in the left hand lane for turning left or straight on, or the right hand lane to turn right; it can change randomly to right lane for straight on and left lane for left turn only depending on what roundabout it is even when the markings or the road shaping doesn't change. This is especially true in Edinburgh, believe me. Horrible things.

They suck.

P.S. I'm insured on both my parents' cars due to some corporate block policy my dad uses. They're expensive cars and he doesn't pay a penny for it.
I fully agree, there's a large one in the centre of the Isle of Wight, & I have to use it quite a lot to get anywhere, it has six exits, I've lived over here for quite a while, & I find it difficult, you have to change lines a lot, there's been plenty of shunts, & once there was an eight-wheeled artic that overturned in the middle of it, blocking two exits & I had to go three miles out of my way to get home, & when the umpteen sets of traffic lights fail,it's utter bedlam!

Roundabouts suck. The rules as to what lane you're in to go in a certain direction change randomly depending on the directions available; that is, most roundabouts you're in the left hand lane for turning left or straight on, or the right hand lane to turn right; it can change randomly to right lane for straight on and left lane for left turn only depending on what roundabout it is even when the markings or the road shaping doesn't change. This is especially true in Edinburgh, believe me. Horrible things.

They suck.

P.S. I'm insured on both my parents' cars due to some corporate block policy my dad uses. They're expensive cars and he doesn't pay a penny for it.
I fully agree, there's a large one in the centre of the Isle of Wight, & I have to use it quite a lot to get anywhere, it has six exits, I've lived over here for quite a while, & I find it difficult, you have to change lines a lot, there's been plenty of shunts, & once there was an eight-wheeled artic that overturned in the middle of it, blocking two exits & I had to go three miles out of my way to get home, & when the umpteen sets of traffic lights fail,it's utter bedlam!

EDIT; Sorry for the double post, I got a blank screen the first time.

Are you serious? People who are 70 now have to retake their tests if they wish!And if they feel they are still suitable to drive. Thats pretty whacked! :p
I'm 76, & I think I will re-take my test, if I become unsure of myself, either that, or I'll give up driving altogether, but I'll be reluctant to do so, I love driving, I got my licence 33 years ago.

Thats the attitude everyone should have, but dont. :( They will find out they are unfit to drive when its to late :(

Back
Top Bottom