Car to house power?

well i went to radio shack tonight and they have a 25amp power supply for like 108$ and a 15 for like 80$ would the 15amp one work? at least enough for me too get a little bass. i know i need like 32amps to get the full 400watts but i dont think the sub will use that much

EDIT: well according to this guy my sub is rated at 50-300w RMS and the amp i'll be using is 400w so i dont need a full 32amps.

what do u guys think?
its a kicker competition C10a. i guess they are really nice and good quality for there time (about 99'-00')
well i did the math and the kicker can only take about 350watts max and thats about 25amps but i wont be fully on blasting this. would the 15amp power supply do?

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=99749&postcount=1

the problem with a lesser powered PSU is the heat. its like overclocking it.

I did the math, assuming audio (logarithmic) volume control and a 15 amp PSU, and you could only put it on about 7. It'd be 4 if it was a linear taper pot. thats a lot of volume you'd have

but like I said, you need to be very careful to make sure you are not overdrawing the PSU for fire safety.

What is the make and model of an amp. If it's a cheaper amp. Chances are the watt rating is based on 14.4 volts to make the amp seem more powerful. I would say at least pick up the 25 amp one. The 15 amp could run you into problems.

What is the make and model of an amp. If it's a cheaper amp. Chances are the watt rating is based on 14.4 volts to make the amp seem more powerful. I would say at least pick up the 25 amp one. The 15 amp could run you into problems.

watts are watts. the number of amps drawn depends on the voltage. the watts will always stay the same. No matter what the voltage is watts will always equal volts x amps.

okay so i guess i'll have to get the 25amp psu. but this will def work right? i dont wanna drop 108$ and it not work lol

watts are watts. the number of amps drawn depends on the voltage. the watts will always stay the same. No matter what the voltage is watts will always equal volts x amps.

I was simply stating the amp may be overrated. Which if it is a cheaper amp it very likely is.

zKilla, I'm not going to say it will work for sure or not. You haven't even said what amp you are using so I can look up the specs.

I was simply stating the amp may be overrated. Which if it is a cheaper amp it very likely is.

zKilla, I'm not going to say it will work for sure or not. You haven't even said what amp you are using so I can look up the specs.

the watts will be the same at any voltage. the only thing that a higher voltage will do is draw less amps.

i have no clue what you guys are talking about lol just tell me if it will work or not :) or what i need to get it working

I'd be inclined to say it will work, as long as that is the amp rating on the 12 volt bus, and you get the polarity right I can't see a reason it wouldn't

Back
Top Bottom