Car got towed; advice needed

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
So I just got back from a trip to Vegas with my school buds. We drove up and down my university fraternity row (where I parked my car) and I couldn't find it. I started panicking because I remember exactly where it was.

Long story short, I called the PD and they routed me to the towing company which towed it. Gonna go get the car tomorrow, but here's the issue:

My car was legally parked on the street. No blocked driveways, no cleaning, nothing. What I *heard* so far is that a sorority that I had parked in front of had an event over the weekend, and apparently they had a "temporary tow zone" pass for Friday night. My car was parked there since Thursday night, and there was no warning/signs/alert of any kind given to me. I also heard that some warnings were passed out to the fraternity/sorority houses, but nothing else that would visually let you know this happened. This is an open, public street, so anyone can come park here.

Is this something worth fighting? Hopefully my car is fine and they didn't jack anything out of it, and it was a nasty surprise, but I'm just hoping that A. the car/my belongings are still intact, and B. there might be a way to fight the bill. Gonna be fun dealing with these creeps tomorrow.

Chris

How much do you have to pay? If you can cope with it, it might be a better idea to not start any conflicts. However if you do start something, I think you have enough ground to win it.

The temporary permits would have to be posted on the street, Not just "passed around" within the college. Depending on cost, as Joga said it may be better to just deal with it. Fighting it will cost you money and you will also have the burden of proving it was not "properly" posted on the street and within the legal times.. Notices must go up atleast 24 hrs prior to the event.

Either way, the towing company gets your cash.

On that note, be sure to pay cash rather than plastic. They might give you a break.

Just remember, if you do argue anything with them, they are total hard-a****, and think they are smarter than you at everything. I know from experience.

Unless you have proof that there were no posted signs I see very little chance that you will win this one if you fight it.

Back
Top Bottom